Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Motion Base Ride

Professor Dumbledore has opened Hogwarts Castle to Muggles for the first time, and you're invited. Step inside the castle for a walking tour of the dungeons, greenhouses, and Dumbledore's office, before Harry, Ron and Hermione catch up to you in the Defense Against Dark Arts classroom. They warn of the dreadfully boring hours-long lecture you're about to hear and convince you to join them on the Quidditch pitch instead. But how to get there? After a tour of the Gryffindor common room, you're into the Room of Requirement to board a flying bench for an airborne tour of the castle and grounds. Now if only you could get away from that nasty dragon that keeps chasing you....

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey uses a unique ride system with benches mounted on the ends of robot arms (similar to what you'd see on an auto assembly line), that move on a ride track. This allows you bench to rise, dip, sway and twist to simulate a feeling of flight. High definition projection screens, plus physical effects and animatronics, all help bring the Wizarding World of Harry Potter alive on this ride. (If you don't want to ride, you can go through the queue to tour Hogwarts before exiting at the Room of Requirement.)

The GOOD: This is an incredible attraction, to be sure. It has the greatest cue of any ride anywhere. It is incredibly fun to zoom through the Harry Potter world on a broomstick. It is an amazing feat!
The BAD: I get sick. I have never ridden a ride that has made me sick before it. The narrative is weak, and I do not like being whipped through a bunch of random scenes that seem very disconnected.
RATING: This is the hardest ride for me to rate. It is definitely a 9 or a 10. The ride system is amazing and the queue is flawless. But between the sickness it gives, and the narrative trouble, it seems just a hair away from the perfection I personally find in Spiderman and Flight of Passage. 9.5/10.
This really is quite a ride. Even 7 years later, this is one of the best experiences on a ride in America. It really never ceases to amaze me. However, the ride could use a refurbishment, badly. The animatronics are pretty good still, but those screens are looking very dusty. I would see dirt on them, very visibly. After having recently ridden the perfected Hollywood version, I just felt like Orlando really should catch up to that new standard. Still, the ride really is just fantastic. Even with these issues, I have to give it a 10/10 for sheer ambition.
The queue of this ride is my favorite thing ever. I could walk through that all day. I don't even care if there was a ride after it!

My big issue was that I couldn't hear anything that was going on on the screen. I don't know if just the speakers where I was were broken or anything, but I couldn't hear Harry, or anyone else on the screen. I didn't want to say anything, though, because the ride made me REALLY dizzy (or maybe it was nausea from the SUPER SWEET butterbeer I had just before getting on the ride) and I didn't want to go on again.

The queue is cool, and the ride is fun! You feel like you're flying on a broomstick! My only complaint is that flipping onto your back can cause one to be dizzy and disoriented. I NEVER EVER get motion sick on rides. But this started making me feel uneasy.
Great ride that truly makes you feel you are flying. A must do
The best queue and a great thrilling attraction. We've enjoyed this attraction more with repeat rides. There's so much going on, you really need to experience it multiple times. They recently changed the projection lighting and the scenes are crisper and less muddied now. Additionally, the ride is smoother and less apt to motion sickness with this summer's ride modifications. Excellent!!!
Basically the perfect ride , good story to follow, great practical effects mixed with great screen effects . The line is also phenomenal. I see the waiting lines as the trailer for the ride , and this line delivers perfectly . 10/10
How can someone give this a bad score? Perfect ride
Best ride at IOA!
Perfect theme park ride. Great line theme, great ride experience, and captures the essence of Harry Potter effortlessly. 10/10.
This ride gives me motion sickness to the worst degree, yet I will ride it over and over; and when I get really sick I'll walk through the queue alone over and over just to see the amazing attention to detail!

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter