Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Motion Base Ride

Professor Dumbledore has opened Hogwarts Castle to Muggles for the first time, and you're invited. Step inside the castle for a walking tour of the dungeons, greenhouses, and Dumbledore's office, before Harry, Ron and Hermione catch up to you in the Defense Against Dark Arts classroom. They warn of the dreadfully boring hours-long lecture you're about to hear and convince you to join them on the Quidditch pitch instead. But how to get there? After a tour of the Gryffindor common room, you're into the Room of Requirement to board a flying bench for an airborne tour of the castle and grounds. Now if only you could get away from that nasty dragon that keeps chasing you....

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey uses a unique ride system with benches mounted on the ends of robot arms (similar to what you'd see on an auto assembly line), that move on a ride track. This allows you bench to rise, dip, sway and twist to simulate a feeling of flight. High definition projection screens, plus physical effects and animatronics, all help bring the Wizarding World of Harry Potter alive on this ride. (If you don't want to ride, you can go through the queue to tour Hogwarts before exiting at the Room of Requirement.)

In my opinion, overrated. I keep wanting to see what others are talking about, but I just can't. I feel that the story doesn't flow nearly as well as it should. It just seems like a "greatest hits" type ride taking you to random Harry Potter places without much transition. The pace is far too rushed, and I think the ride feels sloppy in places as a result. They have taken out much of the thrill that used to be in the simulations, and it feels too mild. I can forgive these things, but I can't forgive that I was constantly seeing other vehicles and effects that were happening to them. The illusion was ruined when I kept seeing the track and vehicles. Still, I don't want to undermine how wonderful the ride is and how well themed the experience is. It is still very thrilling, and the queue is certainly the best in America. It is still amazing and a must ride for fans of theme parks, but it is a 9/10.
The queue is cool, and the ride is fun! You feel like you're flying on a broomstick! My only complaint is that flipping onto your back can cause one to be dizzy and disoriented. I NEVER EVER get motion sick on rides. But this started making me feel uneasy.
Great ride that truly makes you feel you are flying. A must do
The best queue and a great thrilling attraction. We've enjoyed this attraction more with repeat rides. There's so much going on, you really need to experience it multiple times. They recently changed the projection lighting and the scenes are crisper and less muddied now. Additionally, the ride is smoother and less apt to motion sickness with this summer's ride modifications. Excellent!!!
Basically the perfect ride , good story to follow, great practical effects mixed with great screen effects . The line is also phenomenal. I see the waiting lines as the trailer for the ride , and this line delivers perfectly . 10/10
How can someone give this a bad score? Perfect ride
Best ride at IOA!
Perfect theme park ride. Great line theme, great ride experience, and captures the essence of Harry Potter effortlessly. 10/10.
This ride gives me motion sickness to the worst degree, yet I will ride it over and over; and when I get really sick I'll walk through the queue alone over and over just to see the amazing attention to detail!
Simply the best theme park attraction I have ever experienced. It blows everything else I have been on straight out of the water.
The perfect attraction for me. The technology used in this ride is just AMAZING. The flying simulation works perfectly and the combination with animatronics and real sets is great. Of course, the queue is terrific. Both, the ride and the queue are the best in any theme park in their respective fields. Outstanding. 10/10
In my opinion, this is the best theme park ride since Pirates of the Caribbean.
Amazing & Fun! Nothing else quite like it.
A high tech and amazing ride that leaves you Spell-bounded, I couldn't help myself. This ride also has a queue that is better than the ride itself. 10/10!
Much better than Gringotts,
As a huge Harry Potter fan, I have to say I was thoroughly impressed by this ride. I felt completely immersed in the Potter world from the moment I got in line. The ride itself was unique and thrilling enough without getting way from the story. However, the best part was actually getting to see the many landmarks in Hogwarts before boarding the ride. It was like I was actually there.
definitely one of the best games in the world, it's like being in a movie