Disney after dark at the magic kingdom, new up charge event

March 21, 2016, 2:09 PM

Disney have introduced a new up charge event at the magic kingdom called "Disney after hours" where you will get 3 hours extra, once park has closed. Tickets go on sale on April 6th for select dates in April and May only. Dates of the events are April 14th, 21st, 28th, and May 5th, 8th, 12th, & 19th. Tickets each cost $149 plus tax.
Presumably this is completely separate to the extra magic hours. The event will include select attractions and character meet and greets, what are your thoughts?

Replies (9)

March 21, 2016, 2:31 PM

If they cap the amount of people let in during these hours to around 10,000 or less, this could be a very valuable add on. But knowing WDC, they won't cap ticket sales. But I must say that I really do like the idea of this since I personally think MK is the most magical at night. If TDO implements this correctly (capping ticket sales, keeping most attractions open, and generally just keeping attraction wait times under 20 mins), then this could be well worth it.

Edited: March 22, 2016, 7:29 AM

3 extra hours for nearly $50 each hour is just not right. Must be the Shanghai debacle that caused this.

March 22, 2016, 6:46 AM

So where is the dude on this site that was complaining about Universal and a $50 train ride?
Since he is a huge Disney fan (James Rao), I wonder how he will react.. I will waiting with bated breath for his response.

I do not want to spend extra monies to watch a child meltdowns at 1:00 AM.... Disney is already overpriced for a 1 day pass.

Orlando Informer has a hosted event at Universal Diagon Alley but it is a very limited amount of tickets being sold and you get dinner included.

March 22, 2016, 6:52 AM

^^^^ hahaha I was thinking the same thing. good post @Brian Emery

March 22, 2016, 7:56 AM

Thanks Colandoj - Just trying to have some fun....!

March 22, 2016, 5:01 PM

Well Brian, isn't Universal roughly the same price for a 1 day pass? Not to mention Hollywood Horror Nights is quite expensive (not saying it shouldn't, it is worth the money)

Anyway, I think Disney is doing a dumb thing by catering to the ultra ultra rich with this. They already have the Grand Floridian!

March 23, 2016, 6:20 AM

Hey Anthony,
My point was that James cried and complained about a $50 train ride when in reality the upgrade is for park hopping. So I wanted to see if he will also rant on this new upgrade from Disney.

Since James is a huge Disney fan, I am wondering what his opinion will be on this extra money for extra hours.

I do not think you have to be ultra rich to afford this but I do agree Theme Park Tickets and already costly and this is unnecessary.

March 23, 2016, 6:35 AM

Im just excited to go back in September, I just booked a flight on united for 59 each way in September, So glad I checked on Monday night for flights. Otherwise I would've missed that amazing deal.

March 27, 2016, 7:34 AM

Only $1.49 for 3 hours of extra fun at night? That's CHEAP!

Oh wait.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive