'Rogue One' trailer ... Disney/Lucasfilm for the WIN!

April 7, 2016, 5:00 PM

Holy guacamole!

Replies (18)

Edited: April 7, 2016, 5:24 PM

Spectacular. And the music....wow! CANNOT WAIT!

April 7, 2016, 5:26 PM

Honestly more excited about this than I was about 'The Force Awakens.'

April 7, 2016, 6:20 PM

^same

April 7, 2016, 6:30 PM

This film is a wildcard IMO, but the trailer looks extremely promising. If nothing else, at least we know this will be something different and not just a new take on old plot points like Episode VII was. I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

April 8, 2016, 3:45 AM

Watched it on GMA, watched it on YouTube (2x), posted part of it on Instagram, YouTube (2x).

April 8, 2016, 8:45 AM

So excited. I like it being a grittier Star Wars. Like them bringing back the original storm trooper costumes. Still can't get over how much the new ones resemble Donald Duck.

April 8, 2016, 9:37 AM

Another death star? Haven't I seen that 3 times before?

She seems to be wearing a skin tight black cat suit that I've seen in Resident Evil and Underworld.

Mark Hamill looks a bit out of it. Didn't say a word.

April 8, 2016, 9:45 AM

Anon - this is The Death Star.
This is before they destroyed it and how they got the Intel how to destroy it..

Plus Felicity Jones.....

I will have to see it opening night just like The Force Awakens.... Waited 2 hours with my daughter for that one...

April 8, 2016, 9:50 AM

This looks good. These anthology films in between the main story may end up being better than the main story.

April 8, 2016, 10:02 AM

Brian: I get it. Ha ha ha ha ha! I suppose they got a lot of prequels for Episodes 4, 6, and 7. A trilogy for each. Each time, another Death Star to discover, designs to retrieve, and enemies to vanquish.

April 8, 2016, 10:16 AM

Trailer gives me confidence about the planned Han Solo flick.

April 8, 2016, 10:22 AM

Anon - I understand - I get so messed up with what came before what and when. Who is the father\mother\brother\uncle...

My daughter has to over explain these flicks to me...She goes off on planets, timelines, rebels....
Yikes....

Edited: April 9, 2016, 1:35 AM

I don't get all the excitement. It looks like a made-for-tv movie. The best thing about the whole trailer was the music, because it's so familiar. I also really love the AT-ATs and the stormtroopers...again, because they're so familiar.

But the film quality and/or cinematography just looks blah to me. Doesn't have the same clean, pretty look as The Force Awakens. That might just be personal preference, but it's a preference that steers me away from the movie.

And that lazy eyed Forrest Gump guy from Battlefield Earth? I mean, Whittaker. Ugh. So disappointed that I have to look at his eye. Why not put Barry Pepper in it, and give us a John Travolta cameo while we're at it?

And the main character kept making me think this was Star Wars: Mocking Jay. What? They couldn't afford Jennifer Lawrence?
I'm not going to see it, based on the trailer.

April 9, 2016, 1:00 PM

This is such a fantastic trailer. The visuals (from the retraction of the weapon onto the Death Star, to the AT-ATs, to the appearance of Tarkin) are extraordinary. Not only do the new characters look fantastic, but there is the promise that they may emerge in Eps VIII and IX. Cinematography and (as GS notes) music is exceptional. And who else spotted that she's wearing a TIE-Fighter uniform in the last shot.

And because of the plot it seems likely that R2, C3P0 and Vader (if you count the melty mask) will have a presence some time in the film.

This trailer has all kinds of WIN!

April 9, 2016, 8:57 PM

Ren's mom?

April 11, 2016, 12:08 AM

I believe it is Stimpy's mom, actually.

April 11, 2016, 9:24 AM

Do you mean "Rey's mom?"

Edited: April 11, 2016, 10:44 AM

Auto correct. ^_^

But looks meh. I'm not big into the Star Wars hype. I thought Force Awakens was mildly entertaining. The space opera just isn't my thing. It'll be a big hit regardless of my opinion on it.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive