I'm planning to visit Orlando (from NZ) to go to the theme parks with my wife and 2 boys (10 & 13). At present, we're planning to visit for 4 to 5 days in January 2017 and go to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom and Universal Studios.
I'd appreciate any advice on:
1. Where to stay? Both location with Orlando and specific hotels (budget of approx. $200/night)
2. Where to get discounted tickets and what type?
3. Whether the time of year (Jan 17) is good to visit?
4. Whether there is enough time to visit both Disney World, Universal Studios and perhaps one other park?
5. Whether it's possible to purchase a reasonably priced accommodation & park entrance package and from where?
6. Transportation (should I use a rental car or rely on available public transport)
7. Any other useful advice.
It's our first trip to the US. We're planning to visit NYC and Washington DC before driving down to Orlando, stopping at Williamsburg, Raleigh, Charleston & Savannah before spending 5 or so days in Orlando.
Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.
Now open, or date announced:
Still waiting on these: