Which 3 theme parks to visit?

April 29, 2016, 2:39 PM

Hi,
If I could only visit 3 theme parks in Orlando, which 3 are the best? I might only have 3 whole days in Orlando and I don't know whether to spend 2 days at Universal and 1 at Disney or the other way round.
Thanks in advance.
Selwyn

Replies (13)

April 30, 2016, 8:16 AM

The two universal parks and the Magic Kingdom.

April 30, 2016, 9:22 AM

Before I answer your question, I would like to know what Disney/Universal parks you have visited, so that I can figure out what attractions you have and have not experienced.

April 30, 2016, 10:20 AM

Actually I might just spend 3 at universal.

April 30, 2016, 5:17 PM

I would definitely do Magic Kingdom, without a doubt.

If you'll be in Orlando for Food & Wine or Flower & Garden, I'd also make sure to go to EPCOT, with maybe a Universal 2-park pass for your third day.

If F&W / F&G are not your cup of tea, then do Magic Kingdom and two days at Universal.

I could not recommend Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios this year, under any circumstance.

With that said, if you love roller coasters, Sea World is your best Orlando park. But if you love roller coasters, just go to Cedar Point or Magic Mountain. :)

May 1, 2016, 6:46 PM

Hi,
Thanks for all the replies. I should have said that we're taking our 10 & 13 year old boys and we want to go to the parks that they'll like the most. Also, they've been to Paris Disneyland (for one day) and to Singapore Universal Studios (which they probably don't remember all that well).
For some reason I thought the answer to this question would be a unanimous Disney for 2 days so I'm surprised that Universal for 2 days seems to be the go.
Cheers,
Selwyn

May 4, 2016, 8:42 PM

I would say spend two days at Disney and one day at Universal. Here are the two options I would reccomend:
Option 1: Do one day at Magic Kingdom, another day at both Magic Kingdom and Epcot, and do the last day at Islands of adventure.
Option 2: Do one day at Magic Kongdom, and split the last two days by park hopping between Universal Orlando and Islands of Adventure.
Personally, I would reccomend option one over two, but they're both good options.

May 5, 2016, 7:54 AM

I used to advocate for EPCOT, not anymore. EPCOT is stale and it lacks rides. The other Disney minor parks are not worth it either due to lack of rides. Best bets... Magic Kingdom for 1 or 2 days. Universal Studios and IOA for 1 or 2 days depending on how crowded it is.

May 5, 2016, 10:31 AM

1 Day at Magic Kingdom and 2 at Universal. Singapore really doesn't compare to Orlando

May 5, 2016, 11:13 AM

I don't understand why everyone is buying into the Disney/Universal advertising and high prices.

If you really want an amazing theme park experience, dump the hype and go to the best parks in the nation, namely Elitch Gardens and Lakeside in Colorado and Cliff's in New Mexico.

Less advertising and hype = a better experience.

Edited: May 5, 2016, 1:05 PM

For younger kids definitely do one day at magic kingdom (purely because it is the magic kingdom). One day at universal studios (to do escape from Gringotts, transformers, the mummy, hollywood rip ride rocket and the simpsons).
Then the final day should be a toss up between doing:
-Islands of adventure (if the kids are into more adventure type rides like jurrasic park river adventure, marvel superhero island, harry potter and the forbidden journey)
-Sea world ( if they are into bigger roller coasters and marine life)
- Or a combination of hollywood studios (for tower of terror, Indy stunt show, rock and roller coaster, star tours and toy story mania), and Animal kingdom (the safari, kali river rapids, dinosaur and Everest)
Or you could go to epcot instead of HS or AK for test track, soarin and mission space.

Not sure how helpful this is, if it was my decision I would do one day magic kingdom, one day universal studios with park hop and one day sea world.

May 6, 2016, 9:07 AM

I think your 10 and 13 year old boys would enjoy universal a whole lot more. Unless they are into princesses, I wouldn't suggest overloading on Disney.

May 10, 2016, 10:36 AM

Here it is:
Universal Studios - Day 1
Universal IOA - Day 2
Busch Gardens Tampa - Day 3. (If you have a rental car, If not Aquatica water Park).

May 13, 2016, 6:06 PM

Definately Universal/IOA. Disney is for 5-10 year olds. Boys over 10 won't enjoy MK much, but will LOVE Universal and IOA. 3rd day - SeaWorld.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive