Disneyland Snacks, are they worth the price?

May 6, 2016, 12:31 AM

Ok so I'm not a big snack/dessert junkie but lately I've been seeing a lot of Disneyland food videos shared by friends on social media. Videos like Buzzfeed's "Disneyland Foods You Have To Try" really make me want to try all of the listed items as they look deliciously appealing. However, snacks at Disneyland can be quite expensive so I normally limit myself to trying only one snack per day at a Disney park. With that said, what are your thoughts on the Disney treats? Are they worth it? What is your favorite Disney snack?

Personally, I have only tried the Fresh Baked Churros and I thought they were amazing. I have never tried the Dole Whip Float nor the Mickey Apples but I am looking forward to trying these on my next Disney trip.

I've submitted the link to the Buzzfeed video below in case anyone is interested in watching it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy0YuBw8s6Q

Replies (6)

May 6, 2016, 11:03 AM

All I can remember is one time I was at epcot, and I went to one of the desert carts. They had donuts and churros and other pastry's. I split a donut with my friend, and it was rock solid. bad experience

May 6, 2016, 11:25 AM

My standard is avoid snacks at theme parks other than cold fruit. You can usually eyeball that and tell if it will be good. Pastries and things like that are expensive and hit or miss.

May 6, 2016, 11:37 AM

Yes they are worth it, but try to get a group to buy a few different desserts and share. Once you tried a few, you won't need to try them again for awhile.

Edited: May 6, 2016, 1:42 PM

Agree with Anon. You don't HAVE to do anything at a park - you should do what looks good to you, and sharing snacks (and meals) is a good way to test a wider variety of options than you could on your own.

That said, head over to California Adventure, get in line early at the Cove Bar and order the Lobster Nachos.

Edited: May 6, 2016, 5:05 PM

When I do a full day visit to the Disneyland Resort, I usually buy one meal and one snack in the parks (I'll leave for the other meal to save money). A lot of the snacks are good, but you need to be in the mood for them in order to enjoy them. For example, if you want something salty then get a pretzel or popcorn instead of a churro even if the latter is often considered better. Also, I would opt for the more unique offerings (such as Dole Whips) over more common fare (it may not be Mickey shaped, but the grocery store has comparable ice cream bars and sandwiches at 10% the price), and don't get something that you wouldn't otherwise enjoy (for example, although the corn dogs are pretty good I rarely get one because I'm not as much of a corn dog person). Lastly, it depends how often you visit. If you visit once every few years (or less frequently), it makes a lot more sense to indulge if you see something you want to sample than if you visit monthly (or even more often) as having too much of something may cause you to start disliking it.

As for favorite snack, for me it is the Dole Whips (if the line is no more than 15 minutes) or a churro. However, I do love grabbing a box of popcorn to snack on while watching one of the nighttime spectaculars.

Edited: May 6, 2016, 6:40 PM

Interesting responses. The only reason I have yet to try the Lobster Nachos is because everytime I walk past the Cove Bar it has a really long line. I will definitely take your advice, Robert, and try the Nachos on my next trip to CA.

What Anon says is very true, but in my case I usually visit the parks by myself or with only one friend to avoid group disagreements over what ride to ride next, etc... In case I do end up going to the park in a big group then sharing is indeed the way to go!

AJ, I agree with you with trying the unique offerings over common snacks you can get anywhere else. The churros have to be the exception though as they are too good not to try them.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive