Screamscape: TOT Guardians of the Galaxy is 100% happening at DCA

Edited: May 11, 2016, 5:35 PM

From www.screamscape.com
Semi-Confirmed - (5/11/16) Screamscape sources have confirmed for us that the Guardians of the Galaxy transformation for the Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror attraction at Disney California Adventure is 100% locked in now and happening.

What do you think?

Replies (14)

May 11, 2016, 6:42 PM

It's so going to clash with the rest of the land.

May 11, 2016, 6:56 PM

No clash if Elsa is now the Snow Queen Fury Agent of Shield.

May 11, 2016, 7:17 PM

No. Just No.

May 11, 2016, 8:23 PM

If WDI is turning that area of DCA into a Marvel Land as many are speculating they will do, then I have no issue with this change. Just don't modify the Orlando version of the attraction.

Edited: May 11, 2016, 8:36 PM

So let me get this straight: Disney is going ahead with transforming one of the best attractions at the Disneyland Resort into a movie tie-in for an upcoming film, with the attraction centered around a tertiary character from the first installment who won't even be appearing in the second installment, and even though the rumors and speculation about the attraction that have been posted online have received generally negative responses they expect it to be successful as their big New for 2017 attraction? Good luck with that!

In all seriousness, while Screamscape does have some good sources just because they report it is 100% happening does not mean it is 100% happening. Until either Disney officially announces the new attraction or visible construction starts, I am going to treat this as a strongly supported rumor rather than a confirmed change. While I would likely bet on it happening at this point, don't take Screamscape's word as confirmation.

Now, assuming the transformation happens I will be very disappointed as I strongly disagree with the decision. However, I will still give Disney the benefit of the doubt and approach the new ride with an open mind. If it ends up being a huge success and is on par with the current Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, kudos to Disney for doing what seems nearly impossible from currently speculated information. However, if the ride ends up bombing I hope it is a HUGE wake-up call to Disney corporate that slapping popular IP over the parks is not a winning strategy with the fans and that they need innovative new attractions to maintain appeal at the prices they charge. My issue with this proposal is not that Tower of Terror is being rethemed, it is that it appears they are going for quick and cheap to line up with a movie release rather than taking the time to come up with a Marvel retheme of the attraction that will truly fit within the rest of Marvel Land.

May 11, 2016, 8:44 PM

NO just NO. Where can we start a petition letter to drop this project???

May 12, 2016, 2:09 AM

Are Juan and Leonardo the same person?

No. Just no.

:P

May 12, 2016, 4:36 AM

I actually like this. They're better off turning the Hollywood land into marvel land. People just want something to complain about. When's the last time any of you have actually watched Twilight Zone? That's what I thought. Let the change happen and enjoy marvel land

May 12, 2016, 6:17 AM

Last weekend.

May 12, 2016, 7:15 AM

Joe, It doesn't have anything to do with watching the twilight zone, the attraction has been there for years upon years and is proven one of the most loved, so why slap a new theme on it.

I am just glad that if this is 100 percent true, they aren't doing it to Orlando. (yet) :(

May 12, 2016, 12:56 PM

colandoj, I don't want this re-theme either, but to say ToT has "been there for years upon years" overstates things a bit for an attraction that came to DCA in 2004.

May 12, 2016, 3:09 PM

I watched The Twilight Zone last night, "Willoughby".

May 12, 2016, 3:28 PM

I saw TZ last night on MeTV. Was about WWII soldier who saw who was going to die next. Also, the DCA ToT is inferior to DHS version and retheme to Marvel is OK as part of new land.

May 13, 2016, 9:40 AM

Kent Goodrich, my mistake I have only been to Orlando. I kind of assumed the California version has been there for fairly the same amount of time. Guess I was wrong :)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive