Cabana Bay EPA to DA

May 15, 2014, 5:50 PM

Is it true that Cabana Bay guests will only have EPA to Hogsmead and not Diagon Alley? I heard only the other on-site hotels will get EPA to DA. Does anyone know anything about this?

Replies (5)

May 17, 2014, 10:43 AM

I reached out to Universal Orlando for clarification on the EPA for Diagon Alley, and will post when I get a response.

May 18, 2014, 4:23 PM

Thanks

Edited: May 21, 2014, 9:11 AM

I wanted to share something about Cabana Bay as well. Another TPI member mentioned they were offered Express Pass for an extra charge when they were booking their room.

I do want to point out the Express they were offered is the regular (one ride per attraction, per day) at a discount and not the Unlimited Express that is complimentary at the other three hotels.

Up until Cabana Bay was added, there were only two options. Stay on-site (Unlimited) or stay off-site and purchase the regular Express. There was no reason to offer regular Express at a discount to anyone. When you book at the Cabana Bay, they offer regular Express at something like 30% off. Of course, this would completely cancel out any savings from staying at the other three hotels, especially if you purchased them for more than one day.

Edited: May 22, 2014, 6:52 AM

Universal's published details about its Harry Potter vacation packages.

From that, it appears that early park admission is going to operate like Disney's Extra Magic Hours -- that one park per day will be open early for hotel guests. So you won't have a choice of which Wizarding World to do early, but Diagon Alley will be available on some days.

Now, that doesn't specifically answer the question about CB vs the other three hotels, but I haven't heard from Universal on that. Clearly, you would get the early access if you bought the Potter package, but I don't know for certain about the other guests at the hotel who didn't.

May 22, 2014, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the info and for the research.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive