World of Color Celebrate ending September 5th

Edited: August 2, 2016, 10:53 AM

Good news/ bad news- depends on how much of a fan of the new show you were.

It has officially been announced by disney that world of colour: celebrate will have its last performance on September 5th. Then it will return to it being the old show on 6th of September.

This begs the question of what does this mean for disneyland forever? Seeing as the 60th special for world of colour is ending with the 60th fireworks end as well?
I hope also that the new effects introduced in the celebrate version will still be used in the new original version, such as the huge flame thrower, projections and lights on California screamin, projections on the fun wheel and the smoke effects.
So if you have wanted to see the show or are a big of the current show make sure you see it before September 5th as I doubt that they will ever bring it back.

What are your thoughts on this change?

Replies (3)

Edited: August 2, 2016, 10:48 AM

Disneyland Forever is closing along with World of Color Celebrate on Sept. 5. The most recent version of the "original" World of Color show will return on Sept. 6 and the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks will return on weekends only, starting Sept. 9.

Paint the Night is the only element of the Diamond Celebration that will continue after Sept. 5, and it will play on a reduced schedule - basically only when the park has extended evening hours.

FWIW, Disneyland confirmed all this a while ago, actually.

August 2, 2016, 2:32 PM

OK, now Disneyland is saying that Paint the Night is done after Sept. 5, too. Off the sked entirely.

August 3, 2016, 1:19 AM

I think disneyland are just getting rid of the diamond celebration in the parks as it is now over with. It will be nice though to see the original world of colour show back.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive