With Dreamworks being acquired by Universal...

August 25, 2016, 9:01 AM

What Ip's do you see coming to the parks?

Replies (3)

August 25, 2016, 1:29 PM

Based on the studio's upcoming production schedule, I would think that How to Train Your Dragon would be the top priority, with The Croods in the mix after that. Maybe they could replace the Shrek show with a ride, too. Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar have enduring appeal. But I really, really want to see Chicken Run and anything else Aardman, though I don't know that the deal gives Universal any of those theme park rights automatically.

August 25, 2016, 4:02 PM

I find Shrek to be the most timeless of all of these franchises. I do think HTTYD is next.

August 25, 2016, 11:53 PM

Oooh, Aardman would be awesome. To be honest, the only one of these IPs I have any real desire to be realised in a ride is How to Train Your Dragon. Shrek, Madagascar, Croods and Kung Fu Panda are somewhat generic to me and don't have the heart or appeal of HTTYD or Pixar's better works. I rode the Madagascar ride at Singapore, and although it was good, with some nice animatronics, it's not a ride I would feel compelled to return to the park for.

I wish that Disney would work in some proper Pixar land with things like Wall-E, Up or Inside Out. These could be stand out attractions for all ages, and in Epcot (due to the complexity of their themes) could help bridge the gap between the "real" and the fictional.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive