Report: Actress falls during Tarzan performance at Shanghai Disneyland

December 22, 2016, 9:35 PM

A Chinese website is reporting that an actress fell during a performance of Tarzan: Call of the Jungle at Shanghai Disneyland today.

The actress was performing with the actor who plays Tarzan on an elevated ring, suspended about 15 feet above the stage. Video embedded on the Chinese website shows the stunt where the actress is supposed to drop, then be caught by Tarzan's legs. Unfortunately, she fell to the ground.

You can see the stunt performed as planned at 14:20 in Laurie's trip report video from Shanghai Disneyland, which we posted in October.

I am trying to find an English language report on the incident that would confirm the condition of the actress.

Replies (3)

December 22, 2016, 10:34 PM

I'm so disheartened to hear of this. My friends and I were concerned when we noticed they were doing these stunts with no safety harnesses; perhaps this incident will cause them to put more safety measures in place. I certainly hope that the actress was not badly injured but that would have been a considerable fall. My thoughts are with her and her family.

December 22, 2016, 10:43 PM

It looked like she fell on her limbs and not her head, so hopefully a proper recovery can take place.

Edited: December 25, 2016, 5:32 AM

All my LOVE to the Actress and a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a happy new Yeare with many Themepark Visits to all of you!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive