Are Slow Seasons a thing of the Past?

January 11, 2017, 4:21 PM

Every year, the attendance at WDW grows more and more. The slow seasons were a wonderful time to go to the parks with minimal crowds and little wait times. It now seems like what were slow seasons are just as crowded as any other time of year. Are slow seasons now a thing of a past? Will we ever see them again?

Replies (6)

January 11, 2017, 5:30 PM

We will be going to WDW in 11 days, from 22nd-28th. This is supposed to be the "value" season & according to some a historically slower time. So we'll see how crowded it will be, if I have a chance I'll report on the crowds.

January 11, 2017, 5:42 PM

Disney's trying its hardest to make the slow season a thing of the past. With all its special events, and now, lower than average ticket prices during the "value" season, Disney wants to even its guest load so that the whole place is filled (but not over full) every day of the year.

January 12, 2017, 10:23 AM

Magic Kingdom is always busy, Last May we went and we stayed until after Fireworks at 10 PM thinking it would slow a bit, but that never happened.

Child melt down all over the place, parents dragging them along... NICE (said in a sarcastic voice).

January 13, 2017, 9:02 AM

For years we went the week after Thanksgiving and it was a fairly light crowd. In recent years it seems to be getting busier and busier. I've also noticed a lot more ads to get people to go during what was considered to be slower seasons. I agree with Robert it is getting to be busy no matter when you go.

January 14, 2017, 8:50 AM

Well, I think the whole point of "slow season" was times when visitors were not coming to the parks as much (start of school, February, etc).

Part of the point of all these festivals is that it attracts Florida locals. Disney has exceeded their expectations and now the parks a pretty full all year around.

January 14, 2017, 9:24 AM

When out of towners ask me when are the slow days at the Magic Kingdom park I typically respond, "A slow day at the Magic Kingdom means instead of there being 65,000 people in the park, there are 64,500 people in the park."

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive