New Planet Hollywood Observatory restaurant opens at Disney Springs

January 27, 2017, 4:10 PM

Planet Hollywood has reopened in the Disney Springs shopping and dining district at the Walt Disney World Resort.

Now called Planet Hollywood Observatory, the reimagined eatery once again features an eclectic menu of sharable appetizers, salads, pasta, burgers, sandwiches, steaks, ribs, chicken, and seafood. This time, though, the menu was overseen by celebrity chef Guy Fieri.

Planet Hollywood Observatory also features a large collection of Instagram-friendly desserts, including the "Planet Meltdown," a chocolate dome that dissolves under hot chocolate sauce, poured at the table, to reveal chocolate cake and strawberries underneath. You also can find a variety of wildly-topped Big Dipper Milkshakes — Disney's answer to Universal's Toothsome Chocolate Emporium.

The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner, with its adjoining Stargazers Lounge set to open "soon."

Replies (10)

January 28, 2017, 7:44 AM

Sounds like a good use of the space! Despite what people think of Fieri, his style and food work perfectly with the retheming.

January 28, 2017, 5:05 PM

What's wrong with Guy Fieri?

January 29, 2017, 5:46 AM

Guy, you had me at "bacon, mac n' cheese..."

Looks can be deceiving, but these burgers look spectacular. PHO is on the dining short list for my next Orlando visit fo' sho'!

January 29, 2017, 7:37 AM

Some people think Guy Fieri is a bit of a idiot (I don't).

February 2, 2017, 4:26 PM

I must admit I am not a fan of Mr. Fieri, mostly because his rise in fame happened at the same time the tings I loved about Food Network came to an end. I love to watch cooking shows. I want to learn how to make new things, and by watching others cook, I feel empowered to try it myself. Around the time Guy's fame began to grow, it seemed like the programming at Food Network went from educational to competition and travel log heavy. Nothing wrong with that, but there seems to be very little balance at Food Network. It's not his fault, but I will happily give him the blame.

February 3, 2017, 6:11 AM

I think Rob summed up what people think of Fieri. It wasn't Guy's fault....but it sort of was!

With that being said, I see Planet Hollywood as a great combo with Guy Fieri.

February 3, 2017, 10:56 AM

I don't think he's an idiot, but he definitely gets on my nerves. I can only take so much of him!

February 8, 2017, 5:06 PM

Everyone I have heard from has not had a good experience with the reopening. I have to say I was really really excited for reopening as even though it was dated it was one of my favs at Disney springs. But with what I keep hearing from people I'm avoiding going so I don't have a bad experience or just average experience and then loose hopes for this place.

February 9, 2017, 10:00 AM

Sorry, the food looks nasty. Very rough and tough. A carb hell and sugar overload. The desserts look the same. Everyone is copying each other.

February 12, 2017, 4:49 PM

Ive seen youtubers try food there, and it wasnt good. Hopefuly they just pick the wrong foods

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive