Want to pay $200 for 10 MK Fastpasses? Here's your chance

Edited: February 3, 2017, 12:26 PM

The Wat Disney World Resort has added a new VIP tour of the Magic Kingdom. The Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour provides access to 10 attractions at the Magic Kingdom, including a visit with Mickey Mouse. The 10 attractions are subject to change, but Disney is saying that the list may include Pirates, Jungle, Dumbo, Small World, and Peter Pan. (That hard-to-get FP alone might elicit some buys for this one.)

The tour is $199 a person, plus, tax, on top of the required theme park admission. Doing the math on this four-hour tour works out to paying about $20 each for what's basically a Fastpass to these 10 rides. Is that worth it?

Disney says the tour will be offered Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays and is subject to availability, so we don't know if it will be available on those busy Spring Break, Summer, and Holiday days when you'd most need it. Thoughts?

Replies (2)

February 4, 2017, 12:27 AM

Its a little disappointing since most of these expensive upgrade options at Disney so far don't have significant impact on general attendees experience. The good thing is that at this price point and "subject to availability" (implying I guess not many numbers) it's unlikely to impact on queue lengths, however it is the start of a slippery slope.

I'm personally against the Express pass that Universal offers, since it allows those with money to push in front of general attendees (that's not to say that I wouldn't purchase it if it seemed appropriate - hypocritical I know). I would be truly sad to see Disney go down this path.

February 7, 2017, 9:42 PM

Absolute not!! As an orlando resident who literally grew up at the mk I was shocked to hear the price of the "tour". The ONLY attraction in that list that even remotely needs a fastpasses is petter pan (and that's only if you have a child that really wants to ride it, for whatever reason the wait time for this ride is regularly an hour) The rest of those rides unless you are visiting in the middle of summer will have a 20 min wait at most. It's unfortunate to say but I feel like on this one disney is trying to take advantage of families that might not necessarily do all their homework on what attractions warrant a fast pass and which ones don't. (But to be honest with all the information avalible online about planning a trip to Disney world I don't blame some people for getting overwhellemed)
But Meeting Mickey you can easily get a fast pass for those are always avalible.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive