Disney World runs a preview of Rivers of Light

February 7, 2017, 7:31 PM

Walt Disney World tonight ran a preview of Rivers of Light for its Social Media Moms invitees at Disney's Animal Kingdom. The show starts at about 07:20 on this video posted by one attendee, and runs about 14 minutes.

Disney's not announced an official opening date for Rivers of Light, which originally was supposed to debut last April, then last May, then had a cast member preview last November.

Replies (14)

February 7, 2017, 8:29 PM

Wow that was beautiful. Just a quick question though... Were the projections as clear as those you would find at World of Color or Fantasmic?

February 7, 2017, 8:36 PM

Realizing that I am not there in person, I failed to have an emotional connection that I always have with both Disneyland's Fantasmic and World of Color. It felt a bit lackluster. Gorgeous, no doubt, but not really a "Wow!" I will hold out any reservations until I can see it in person.

February 7, 2017, 10:36 PM

While I have yet to see the show in person it feels like Rivers of Light should fit in nicely with the overall pleasant nighttime vibe at Animal Kingdom.

February 8, 2017, 1:59 AM

I'm sure in person it's much better, it looked very nice but lacked a story (only a preachy message with nice visuals) and I don't recognise most of the concept art in the final product.
In the end a nice fountain/projection show worth a look but probably not a repeat visit during a stay.

February 8, 2017, 2:48 AM

Please Disney, announce the release date. I have been Waiting for this. Adult Swim give the release date of a new season of Samurai Jack that will be release on March 11, 2017. Since Last year, I was waiting. Why not Rivers of Light?

February 9, 2017, 11:58 AM

Update: Rivers of Light opens officially Feb 17.

February 9, 2017, 7:36 PM

Totally unique. Glad it's not a repeat of nighttime show in other parks. Look Ma, no Disney characters.........Wonder if there are any Easter eggs in there?

February 10, 2017, 7:03 AM

Just got to Animal Kingdom. They are giving wristbands to AP and DVC members for another preview show tonight.

Edited: February 10, 2017, 4:06 PM

Fastpasses are available, too, via MDE. (At least, they were earlier today. Don't know if they still are.) So it looks like we're in soft open.

February 11, 2017, 3:12 PM

This is opening A LOT quicker than I thought!
Looking forward to seeing the park at night (hopefully) later this year.

February 12, 2017, 6:44 PM

This a nice addition to AK's nightime events, but am i the only one who feels it needs more? Maybe some morepyro-effects, or the people only the floats having a bigger part, or maybe telling a story with the floats and dancers.

February 12, 2017, 6:45 PM

This a nice addition to AK's nightime events, but am i the only one who feels it needs more? Maybe some morepyro-effects, or the people only the floats having a bigger part, or maybe telling a story with the floats and dancers.

February 12, 2017, 6:45 PM

February 12, 2017, 6:46 PM

Why did my post repost 3 times? lol sorry

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive