Disney Springs: Cirque du Soleil 'La Nouba' to close.

March 4, 2017, 6:09 AM

The Orlando Sentinel: "The colorful and acrobatic antics of “La Nouba,” which have entertained millions of Floridians and Disney World visitors, are coming to an end. “La Nouba,” the long-running Cirque du Soleil production based at Disney Springs, will close at the end of 2017. Its final performance will be Dec. 31, the troupe announced Friday afternoon. The show premiered in late 1998 and was the first Cirque show to have a permanent residence in a city aside from Las Vegas. There have been more than 8,500 performances of the show and more than 10 million guests have seen the show, Disney says."

Replies (4)

March 4, 2017, 6:10 AM

That's a nice piece or real estate that will be opening up on the west side of Disney Springs. Along with the NBA experience a new dining/attraction experience will help Disney Springs maintain its standing as the most successful, dining, retail and entertainment complex in Central Florida.

March 4, 2017, 6:33 AM

@TH Creative: Or Perhaps Disney could re-do the theatre to act as home to one of its Broadway shows.... Much like Disney has in Shanghai.

March 4, 2017, 7:02 AM

Geniu! Even if it is temporary I nail they drop a permanent concept.

March 4, 2017, 12:22 PM

I've got a Disney Dollar that says it's going to be a new Cirque production.

Of course, that's because I wrote that in pencil on the back of that Disney Dollar, but still... ;^)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive