Best way to get from Miami Airport to UOR?

March 12, 2017, 7:29 PM

Going to buy airplane tickets this month. Planning to land on a Monday, after mid-June.

Replies (9)

March 13, 2017, 12:04 PM

Do you absolutely have to fly into Miami? Seriously, it's the worst airport in the state. Flying directly to Orlando would be best (lots of shuttles to all resorts are available) or even into Tampa (best airport in the state, in my opinion) where it would be just about an hour's drive straight over on I-4 (give or take, depending on traffic, which can sometimes be horrendous...).

But if you do have to fly into Miami, honestly, the best way to get to Orlando will be to rent a car and drive. It's about four hours away via the Turnpike (again, depending on traffic) and there's no shuttle or train service to get you from Miami to Orlando.

Hope this helps!

March 13, 2017, 12:21 PM

Call this Dude named TH Creative - he lives in Orlando area, and I am sure he will be glad to go get you..

March 13, 2017, 12:28 PM

On my way.

March 13, 2017, 1:45 PM

If you must fly into Miami, renting a car probably is the best option, given time and expense. Eventually the Brightline train will connect Miami and Orlando, but it won't connect the Miami airport with UOR. (It will connect the Orlando airport with downtown Miami, however.)

March 13, 2017, 2:08 PM

Can't you fly into Daytona instead of Miami. Or even Sanford. Anything is better than Miami

March 13, 2017, 8:03 PM

My teenage sister (she's the one in my pic) experiences physical pain with airplanes so we try to avoid conecting flights. The closest we can get to Orlando in a single direct flight from my hometown is Miami.

I'm guessing what you said about TH Creative come pick us up was a joke. In the off chance it wasn't, I'd be happy to pay for expenses and meals for the day as I'd never rented a car before.

March 13, 2017, 8:16 PM

Plus double whatever you make in one day just to make it worthwhile ;)

Edited: March 14, 2017, 9:51 AM

Go To FloridaShuttlenow.com...they are an intrastate shuttle that travels from numerous cities..I see they have a pick up near MIA..I have used them for a Ft Myers to Orlando trip. They pick up at a McDonalds about 2 miles from my house in FT Myers.. They are a stickler for not waiting..Explore the web site and see what you think..They were great for me in January, I wish I knew they existed last year. But this is Florida so do your due diligence on schedules etc.

March 14, 2017, 10:30 AM

Looking good. Guess It will be floridashuttlenow or redcoach, they have a departure at 5 pm which I guess works good with my plane arrival about 2 pm

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive