The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley

June 20, 2014, 6:02 AM

Hi! I'm a bit bummed that this part of the park will not be opening until July 8th, we depart July 7th! Anyway, will we be able to walk around the area or will it be shut off completely? Even if we can't ride the ride, I'd love to walk around. Thanks!!!

Replies (3)

June 20, 2014, 10:54 AM

I am fairly sure you will get to experience a soft opening while you are there. I still can't get a straight answer about on-site / early entry to DA, and I called Universal a couple minutes ago....

Even they weren't sure how it works yet... ugh.

June 20, 2014, 11:27 AM

Are you staying on-site at Universal Orlando? If so, I think it highly likely that you will get access to Diagon Alley before the public opening. If not, it's definitely worth stopping by to see if you get in, on the day you'd be visiting USF anyway. Follow the hash tag #Potterwatch on Twitter, as that's where people will post news of soft openings.

Edited: June 20, 2014, 12:24 PM

Thanks Robert. When I called Universal, I explained I already booked for late July. When I asked about early entry to DA, she put me on hold for a few minutes, came back and said we could only enter early on the day we have breakfast reservations at the Leaky Cauldron, except I didn't make any....

We are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive