OT: Who remembers the Oregon Trail video game?

October 8, 2017, 1:14 PM

Who remembers the Oregon Trail video game? Well, you've never seen it like this.

As some of you might know, my son - who has helped out here on Theme Park Insider from time to time - is a student at the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts, where he is a senior in the Cinematic Arts program. Each year, LACHSA holds a "64 Hour Film Festival" where this year 15 teams of students had from 4pm on Friday until 8am on Monday (64 hours) to write, cast, shoot, and edit a short film. The genres are assigned at random at 4pm and each film must include several required elements, which this year were:

Brian's team drew the genre "The Oregon Trail: The Video Game, The Film, The Musical." Here is the result:

And here's a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the original music for the film.

Brian was the director of the film, and I am proud to say that it won the Best Film and Audience Favorite awards at the festival on Friday night. Brian will be submitting it to film festivals around the country, so maybe it will play somewhere near you in the next few months! (For more films by Brian, please visit BrianNiles.com.)

Now I want to see an Oregon Trail theme park ride!

Replies (2)

October 10, 2017, 3:00 PM

Excellent! Well done!

October 10, 2017, 3:15 PM

Excellent film. I really enjoyed this!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive