which WDW atraction would you like to see revived?

December 28, 2017, 5:58 AM

in the past, we have lost a number of great WDW atractions.

from the legend of the lion king, the time keeper, and disaster!, to most recent closures such as ellen's energy adventure.

which atraction would you like to see return, and why?

I'd love to see the time keeper back in tomorrowland.. I love that show, and was sad to see it go

Replies (20)

December 28, 2017, 9:23 AM

Did Clackers get a sex change?

December 28, 2017, 9:59 AM

um... what is this?

I registered this morning and thought i'd start a disscussion about former WDW atractions

December 28, 2017, 11:03 AM

I'm not sure I see the problem with this thread. As for the topic at hand, Horizons sounds like it was something incredible.

Edited: December 28, 2017, 12:25 PM

Well, since you're not Clackers....

I would like to see ExtraTerrorestrial Alien Encounter return. It was a halfway decent attraction, and just about anything is better than Stitch's Great Escape.

December 28, 2017, 1:09 PM

who is this Clackers everyone keeps talking about?

I don't remember the alien encounter atraction

December 28, 2017, 1:41 PM

All of them.....

PS - disaster was at Universal not Disney...

December 28, 2017, 3:07 PM

Horizons, obviously. Also classic Journey Into Imagination and Mr. Toad.

December 28, 2017, 4:26 PM

Ophelia - Clackers was a person who added posts here that felt like they were designed simply to start fights and insight anger. They often posed questions such as yours did, but were done not in the spirit of curiosity and fun, but rather bitterness and spite. I feel sure you didn't intend any of that.
As to your question - I dearly miss the "If you had wings" omnimovier in Tomorrowland at MK. As much as I enjoyed it, it was time for a change. I feel that about all the former attractions. As much as I miss many of the old rides, I also know that if a park never changes, there is no reason for people to return. To quote Dr. Seuss - "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

December 29, 2017, 6:09 AM

of course.

yes... disaster was at universal

of course it was. I should have known better than that

December 29, 2017, 6:12 AM

off topic (sorry),

but how can I contact an admin

I've just noticed that a lot of the UK parks don't actually have their own sections. the UK is where I am from.

December 29, 2017, 11:33 AM

Hi ophelia,

Welcome to Theme Park Insider! The parks listed on the site as selected based on attendance and most UK parks simply don't attract enough visitors for us to be able to maintain properly listing pages for them. But we always welcome trip reports and discussions about any park here on the Discussion Forum. And, if enough of an audience expresses enough interest in an unlisted park that I think a listing page would succeed, I will add it.

And to your original question, I want the Hot Dog Egg Roll Cart back.

Edited: December 29, 2017, 1:19 PM

Horizons, World of Motion which turned into Test Track and Journey into Imagination, which featured Figment and the Dreamfinder. All those attractions were superb and should never have been replaced. I have been visiting WDW every two years for the past 30 years and I can honestly say that 90% of the ‘improvements’ have been a backward step. The management over the years have taken Epcot further away from the original dream and intention of Walt Disney, whereby his dream was for all members of the family to be able to enjoy every ride together. Sadly, more and more attractions, such as Mission Space, can only be enjoyed by a select few. Even the new Soarin film isn’t as good as the original. The computer aided graphics are so phoney, it has spoiled the ride for me. What’s wrong with real film? It would also have been better to have kept the old film and made a series of different films so that it’s a different experience each ride you take. I think the people in charge of WDW have seriously lost their thought and imagination over the years

December 29, 2017, 1:29 PM

Alien Encounter was great, but as I understand... it was too intense for some people. It wasn't a "ride" but was called a "demonstration". Some people were terrified. Yes, it would be good to bring it back.

I'd like to see Wonder's of Life brought back. The pavilion is now used for various shows, such as the Flower and Garden Festival. What a waste! I was told that they lost their sponsor, and it was closed.

Ellen's Energy Adventure just didn't appeal to me. I liked the original Exxon's Universe of Energy.

I'm sure they will come up with something new that will be worth while. I like the new rides/shows/exhibits, but I also hate to see the good old days go past.

December 30, 2017, 9:47 AM

I would like to see Disney bring back Captain EO. Alien Encounter was very good, I wouldn’t mind seeing them bring that back. I know it just closed recently, but The Great Movie Ride. Still one of my all time favorites. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride would be nice to see back. At least I get to still see it when I go to Disneyland. As well as Snow White.

I like the old Journey Into Imagination better. Also, Soarin’ over California was better than the new one. I’d like to see Body Wars brought back in Epcot, and Cranium Command. I used to like them when I was growing up.

January 16, 2018, 1:33 PM

Horizons, Alien Encounter, and the original Journey Into Imagination are the top of the list. Others include the WDW, dual-track version of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Snow White's Adventures--both of which were better than their Disneyland cousins when they were operating.

January 17, 2018, 7:26 AM

Welcome Ophelia. You will find this the best of the best Theme Park sites. The writers and editors do an awesome job.

To answer your question I agree with pretty much all the above. I'd Like to see; Mr Toad's Wild Ride (MK), Alien Encounter (MK), The Mike Fink Keel Boats (MK), Skyway (MK), 20000 Leagues Under The Sea (MK), Snow White's Scary Adventure (MK), If You had Wings (MK), Horizons (E), Body Wars (E), The Original Journey Into Imagination and Dream Works (E), World of Motion (E), The Living Seas before Nemo (E), The Great Movie Ride (HS), Super Star Television (HS), Animation Tour (HS), River Country, Discovery Island, and the Wand and that Hat (just kidding at the last two!)

While I know this is unrealistic, its fun to imagine how they would bring them back to this day and age with relivance. Like Rob ended his paragraph its nice to have the memory too, its makes your experience unique.

January 17, 2018, 9:10 PM

Have to be another for Alien ExtraTERRORestrial Encounter. That was so incredibly entertaining. I really do not want the Skyway to return, as that would somewhat hinder the view. Mr. Toad, however, please bring him back. While it is not a return to WDW, I would vote for a refurbishment to Pirates to bring it in line with the DL version, which is so much better. A returned, but improved 20,000 Leagues would be great, and while they are at it, why not release their flagship live action film on blu-ray?

January 18, 2018, 12:01 PM

Gonna have to go with Disney Quest.

While most parks are moving toward what Disney Quest had started up ages ago, Disney is moving away from it.

Seems to me like the pop-up theme park is still a great idea, particularly with the kind of IP Disney can leverage. It was sheer neglect that destroyed this concept.

...And how smart was it to have a pop-up theme park in the middle of the highest density of theme parks in the world? ...throwing distance away from several huge actual theme parks? This would have worked in Denver, Chicago, St Louis, Oklahoma City, Houston, Seattle, etc. etc. etc. Assuming they kept updating the rides... With only one outlet, it was too expensive to update anything...

January 19, 2018, 6:43 PM

Horizons, If I had wings, Mr Toad. And America Sings from Disneyland.
I agree with Jeff, Disney should try again with theconcept that fails in DisneyQuest. A small enclosed park to be build in every major city in the world.

Edited: January 25, 2018, 5:13 PM

Not specifically "attractions" but Discovery Island, as I never had the opportunity of doing it, the original Empress Lilly restaurant and HMV Megastore at Disney Springs.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive