Busch Gardens Tidal Wave Replacement

Edited: January 12, 2018, 10:12 AM

Has anyone heard anything on the fate of the former Tidal Wave location? I guess with Rhino Rally, and Gwazi rotting away its probably not priority. If Lowry Park Zoo is getting a new flume surely they can do something. I really miss Busch Gardens before Busch sold them. There is no fluid theme. when it was Africa it felt like a real theme park. Now with Pantopia, The Outback Way, and Jungla its a mismatch of silliness. Maybe they should add South America since that's the one adventurous location missing. I would love for them to bring back, The African Queen, The Swinging Vines, The Mamba, and the Python 2.0 with something like The Lochness in Williamsburg. A guy can dream. I hope they make an announcement soon.

Replies (2)

January 23, 2018, 11:49 PM

I've been saying for years that the park needs a dark ride. Sure, Williamsburg just closed DarKastle without warning, but BGT is the only major theme park in the state without a single dark ride. The space where Tidal Wave was would be perfect for such a ride!

Edited: January 24, 2018, 12:03 PM

It is ironic! I just read about DarKastle. :( It was a fun ride. I always thought The Moroccan Palace would have been an awesome Haunted Casbah ride, or a Nocturnal Mountain mine train. They could do a lot if they had the funds to add more dark rides. Just not something as bad an atrocity as Antarctica. So sad how the Busch and Sea World Parks are so utterly cheap these days. Yes we are getting some new things at Sea World, but its nothing like the competition. Please for the love of GOD buy the parks Merlin or anyone else!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive