Which coaster should Cedar Point rename for LeBron if he returns?

July 9, 2014, 1:25 PM

Cedar Point today offered to rename one of its roller coasters after LeBron James if the Miami Heat NBA star decides to leave the Heat and return to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

But here's the question: Which coaster should it be?

I'll start: LeBron's arguably the top player in the NBA. So let's not mess around, then. If LeBron comes back, rename Millennium Force. No one cares anymore about the Y2K tie-in, and MF's the King of CP coasters. Make it "King James," too.

Next?

Replies (13)

July 9, 2014, 1:33 PM

Wicked Twister - A career that goes back and forth between two points.

July 9, 2014, 1:51 PM

Mean Streak- self-explanatory.

July 9, 2014, 4:58 PM

The Legend- Everyone knows he is soon to be a legendary player, right?

July 9, 2014, 5:50 PM

Tyler, I get the tie-in, but Legend is at Holiday World, not at Cedar Point. Personally I'd like to offer a trade to Miami- we'll send you Mean Streak and Iron Dragon in exchange for LeBron James and a first-draft pick to be determined later.

July 10, 2014, 5:07 AM

How about Disaster Transport, wait a minute that's a defunct coaster..... Oh well that fits him then. I love me some Lebron especially since you know he skipped college, had his family set up in nice cars and a nice house while he was still in high school on a so called moms salary. Ran from a building team to a star packed team to get a championship ring. Now running from that team back to the original team because he wants to help. Could it be Lebron got smacked around by a team in the finals that actually played like a team. How about a restroom toilet Cedar Point? Disaster Transport is fine too...

July 10, 2014, 5:15 AM

I think that Corkscrew should be renamed for LeBron. Folks from Cleveland would know exactly which coaster it is.

July 10, 2014, 4:46 PM

James- I forgot about that ride, but then again, there are almost 10 roller coasters named Goliath in the Six Flags chain that are almost completely different. Besides, I couldn't come up with another decent name anyway.

July 10, 2014, 5:18 PM

The point was not to come up with a name because it's already been established as "King James." Rather, the point was take one of 17 existing Cedar Point coasters and let that be renamed. The tie-ins so far have been... "happy coincidences." ; )

July 11, 2014, 10:19 AM

My money is on Magnum. Let's hope this is temporary.

July 11, 2014, 5:25 PM

Well now we can see if the point really does rename one of their coasters. Trade is complete!:)

July 12, 2014, 1:40 PM

One of the kiddie coasters - the maturity level would be about right.

Edited: July 14, 2014, 3:35 PM

Hopefully not a classic coaster... Imagine: "We have decided to paint Blue Streak red and rename it King James!"

I'd say some non-classic with little theming: Wicked Twister, Mantis, or Iron Dragon. I'm hoping it's not just Jr. Gemini or Woodstock Express.

Iron Dragon gets my vote. It's already Cavs colors, and could use just about anything to rejuvenate its' popularity.

July 14, 2014, 7:29 PM

I was at Cedar Point today and was listening to what people were saying about renaming a coaster for LeBron. Nothing. Not a word was mentioned about it. I doubt that many have even heard about this, and I hope it remains that way. Just quietly let this publicity stunt be forgotten.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive