When will Universal raise its theme park ticket prices?

February 11, 2018, 11:49 AM

Disney just posted its annual ticket and AP price increases. So when do you think Universal will match?

And when do you think SeaWorld will post its next price cut? ;^)

Guesses in the responses. Bragging rights at stake. Go!

Replies (7)

February 11, 2018, 12:45 PM

Friday for Universal.

Sea world... Late March.

February 11, 2018, 1:59 PM

I think Sea World doesn't raise its prices.
Universal will come tomorrow.

February 11, 2018, 2:05 PM

And will Universal drop any other news tomorrow to counter Disney's announcements later tonight?

February 11, 2018, 8:48 PM

Oh no. I’m going to Orlando in June, but I’m unwilling to buy tickets yet until a month before leaving. Too much risk (if plans change) and too much money involved.

Edited: February 12, 2018, 10:42 AM

Well, considering what BGW did to its tickets late last week (completely revamped their season passes into "Memberships", which drew hundreds of furious posts from fans on their Facebook page), I would guess that Sea World will not be far behind.

As far as Universal, they usually trail about a week or 2 behind Disney in their annual price increases. I'd bet that Universal takes Disney's idea and turns it on its head by offering "discounted" admission on slower days. If I were them, I'd do a standard across-the-board admission increase (with prices staying the same regardless of the day you visit - meaning everyone pays the "peak" admission price), but offer guests a discount if they enter the park on a slow day. That discount would come in the form of a park credit that could be used on food, UE, or souvenirs in the parks and/or CityWalk, and could be redeemed right after you walk into the park for the day.

February 16, 2018, 10:48 AM

Called it! I’m 1/2.

You always dump bad news on a Friday, I learned that from the west wing.

February 16, 2018, 12:58 PM

Congratulations Chad!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive