Where do you want to go next?

February 13, 2018, 5:25 PM

If cost is no objection, which theme park would you like to visit next - with the stipulation that it be a park you've never visited before? Why?

Replies (8)

February 13, 2018, 7:04 PM

Lagoon is very much on the agenda for 2018.

Being from Australia, an inaugural trek to Merimbula's Magic Mountain may be on the cards lol.

Aspirational: Port Aventura, Blackpool Pleasure Beach, DisneySea.

Edited: February 14, 2018, 11:25 AM

Only one? Efteling

Runner ups: Tokyo Disneyland, Europa Park, Futuroscope, Warner AbhuDabi, Torpe Park, Alton Towers. So many great parks I haven't visited

Actually hoping to go to Europe this summer and cross a few off the list.

February 14, 2018, 12:07 PM

Europa Park tops my to-do-but-never-done list in Europe. Universal Studios Japan, Shanghai Disneyland, Ocean Park and Hong Kong Disneyland are it for Asia. And I guess Six Flags Great Adventure for the US?

February 14, 2018, 12:20 PM

I would like to go to the big coaster in Sweden. Europa Park is awesome and I would recommend it to anyone who has not yet been.

February 14, 2018, 3:28 PM

Total fantasy pick - DisneySea Tokyo
Actual pick if you gave me a couple grand to go today- my first west coast trip to the original DL

February 15, 2018, 9:39 AM

Shanghai Disneyland. The park looks cool, no doubt, but really it would just be 5% of a much greater trip throughout Mainland China. Visiting Hong Kong and Japan last year reignited my passion for foreign travel, making China a must-do.

February 15, 2018, 2:03 PM

If I had to pick a single park, I would probably go with Alton Towers. Not only does that look like a great park with a very unique design, but it is one I've wanted to visit since it first appeared as a scenario in the original Roller Coaster Tycoon. I was considering doing a UK trip in 2018 to get to that park, but a combination of Steel Vengeance's announcement and insufficient funds to support a three week UK trip led to a change in plans. There are a number of other parks in the Europe that are really high on my priority list as well, with Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Europa Park, Liseberg, and Phantasialand rounding out the top five.

Within the US, if everything goes according to plan I will get to Kennywood and Michigan's Adventure this year, which will leave Silver Dollar City and the two Texas Six Flags parks as the only tier one priority parks for me. With tentative plans to hit those in 2019, it looks like I need to start looking toward international trips if I want to keep visiting new parks each year.

February 15, 2018, 3:13 PM

Shanghai Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland. It would be great to have all the Disney parks checked off the To-Do list.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive