Inside the most amazing room at Walt Disney Imagineering

Edited: March 17, 2018, 11:26 AM

Last week when I was part of the press preview for Disney's upcoming Pixar attractions on both coasts, I got to spend some time in "The DISH" - the virtual reality simulation room at Walt Disney Imagineering's headquarters in Glendale, California.

The is is the Star Trek holodeck-type room where Imagineers preview VR-like renderings of new attractions and facilities. Unlike wearing individual VR headsets, The DISH allows people to experience and walk through a new design as a group, seeing each others reactions. Given how theme park attractions are important social experiences, being able to preview a design as a group is an especially valuable tool.

Disney did not allow us to shoot photos or video while inside The DISH, but it did promise us some hand-out video of the experience. Disney didn't get that to us in time for me to include that in my posts when the embargo for the preview lifted on Monday morning, but I did update those posts when we got the video later the week.

But I also wanted to include those videos here, and to open a discussion on The DISH in case anyone had any questions or comments.

Replies (1)

Edited: March 26, 2018, 12:12 PM

I MEAN RIGHT NOW

And when you're done with her request, I'll take two of those.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive