Orlando musings ....

Edited: June 5, 2018, 12:19 PM

I went into Seaworld last night for the first time in about 4 weeks and the big store at the front of the park has now reopened. Interesting to see the name has changed to "Seaworld store" instead of the Shamu Emporium ... another sign the Shamu name is being phased out ?
I'd read on the pass holder Facebook page that the Orca show now included the use of the whales names, so I dropped by and watched. It was minimal, I think due to the fact they called out Makaio and Nalani to "perform" and it ended up with Katina and Nalani, but they never corrected the change. I suppose most people don't know them like I do !!
The Infinity Falls raft looks like any other rapids ride raft ... just a different color. "Summer" starts in a few weeks, so Seaworld has got 3 months to stick to their promised open date.
Kraken is being readied for VR once again. Supposedly sometime this month. I'm getting my rides in before the lines become hours and not minutes again.

A friend at work went on the Starflyer at the weekend and reported back that the advertised 60mph proved to be way to fast, and scared the s**t out of people and now it's down to 40-45mph. There seems to be no intention to try the 60mph ever again.
I'll give it a few weeks, and then I'll pay my $12 to give it a go. My engineer's OCD over the chain coupling at the top is the only thing I have to get past .... LOL

Replies (3)

June 5, 2018, 12:16 PM

Having to gut up to ride anything is pretty much a requirement of this gig, but the Orlando Starflyer? That's a hard 'no' from me.

June 5, 2018, 12:58 PM

They were running the Starflyer at 60 mph????? Holy ....!! Just watching the promo video of that thing made me want to hurl. I'm game for almost any coaster out there, but the Starflyer is just terrifying.

Edited: June 5, 2018, 1:14 PM

I went and walked around on Sunday for a while, and most people (young and old) seemed unfazed by the whole 'ordeal'. It'll be interesting to see, if after my initial $12, I'll take the $7 re-ride offer. It made me smile, that all around the entrance there were signs about no phones, and emptying your pockets, yet 75% of those on the ride had their phones out taking videos and/or pictures.
Melanie .... yep, by all accounts they did actually run it at that speed for a while (not sure how long) but I'll be honest and say, if it was still running at 60, I may well have a different opinion about getting on it.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive