Visiting SoCal in early October. Need a few pointers

Edited: July 7, 2018, 11:14 AM

We've visited SoCal before but this will be our first time visiting during Halloween season. We've already bought special tickets for Disneyland's Halloween party but I wanted to ask you if Universal's Halloween Horror Nights also require a special ticket or will the normal everyday ticket work?

Replies (3)

Edited: July 4, 2018, 1:13 PM

Yes, you need a separate ticket for Halloween Horror Nights, just like in Orlando.

However, unlike Disneyland with its Halloween Party, Universal Studios Hollywood typically sells a combo ticket that includes a partial day admission to the park in addition to the HHN event that night. So you can get a ticket that covers both. But a regular park ticket or AP won't cover it.

Tickets are not on sale yet for the USH HHN.

July 7, 2018, 8:22 AM

Robert basically has summed it up! Let us all know if you need other recommendations!

I have heard that Knotts does a pretty good event and I believe they were the first theme park to do a Halloween event

July 9, 2018, 1:50 PM

Thanks for the info. Any guesstimates as to when will the USH HHN special tickets will go on sale?

Knotts hadn´t crossed my mind yet! We actually have never been to Knotts for one reason or another (not enough days, mostly).

I´d love to go to Knotts but I´m already going to skip 1 or 2 days at work to make this trip. Feel like 3 days would be pushing it.

I´m a teacher. That´s one of the reasons We´ve never visited on Halloween before. Unfortunately my vacations are kind of fixed but we´ve always wanted to visit on Halloween season. This is going to be the first year that I´m going to build the nerve to say "To heck with work. I only live once and I want to go to Disneyland in Halloween".

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive