Would Universal Parks ever put The Meg attraction as an IP into one of their theme parks?

November 3, 2018, 5:27 PM

Some surprising news from The Meg that was released this summer from Warner Bros which could be getting a sequel and a possible theme park attraction in China not here in America just yet I guess. Just to say their has never been another shark theme park attraction based on a movie put into a theme park other than Jaws directed by Steven Spielberg. Do you think Warner Bros would even try to put The Meg as their IP into the Universal Parks worldwide? Or would they stick with their own in house property Universal IP like a Mossasaur attraction from Jurassic World or new version of Jaws? What I’m saying would they ever replace The Meg for Jaws st any Universal Park? You think Spielberg would be ok with it that as a creative Universal theme park consultant?

Replies (1)

November 4, 2018, 6:51 PM

One of the film's producers has said that there are plans to develop The Meg-themed attractions in China and I would be very surprised if Warner Bros. didn't look to develop WB-branded parks in China after its success in Abu Dhabi, too. But I don't think Warner Bros. and Universal are naturally partners on this one - not with Universal's ownership of Jurassic Park.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive