What do you crave?

December 28, 2018, 12:13 PM

Thinking about doing a front page post about this, but I wanted to collect some data first. So here goes...

What is the one food item from a theme park that you crave most often? It could be a sweet, a snack, a meal, an appetizer, a drink... anything. Just tell us what it is and where you get it.

Thanks!

Replies (10)

December 28, 2018, 1:25 PM

It really depends on the park and the situation. If we're doing a quick day/half-day trip to a park, we rarely buy any food, so typically don't have any specific cravings.

There is no single food item in a theme park that will get me to visit. However, I'm always interested in a food or beer/wine festival where you can get a lot of variety of different items for the price of a full meal.

I would say if there's anything at any one park that I would "crave", it would be the Monte Cristo at Blue Bayou.

I'm sure others would probably list Dole Whips, Butterbeer, and hand-dipped corndogs, but I wouldn't go out of my way for those items. I would, however, go out of my way to make sure to have a Blue Bayou reservation on our next visit to DL.

December 28, 2018, 1:50 PM

It's more of a pleasant habit than a mouth watering, stomach churning "craving", but I still have to say Butterbeer. Preferably frozen.

My wife on the other hand is all about Dippin Dots.

Edited: December 28, 2018, 3:39 PM

I used to crave the Shogun Combination at the Katsura Grill at Epcot's Japan pavilion. It still appears to be on the menu but without the Shogun name. IT's an Asian beef stew with a chicken skewer, rice and a green salad. There were nights I'd drive down to the park from my apartment just to enjoy a stroll around World Showcase Lagoon with the key stop being dinner in Japan. There is much better Asian food in Orlando, but I really enjoyed the atmosphere and thought the food was really good.
I'm also a big fan of the fried chicken at both The Plaza Inn and Mrs. Knott's.

December 28, 2018, 4:52 PM

Generally I find myself missing the atmosphere, rather than any specific food item... but the pork ribs at Nomad Lounge are a definite exception to that. Divine.

I've also developed a weird obsession with the Wicker Man Stack at Alton Towers' Rollercoaster Restaurant. It's not fine dining by any measure, but has that hard-to-define "comfort food" quality.

December 28, 2018, 10:34 PM

Butterbeer. Cold.

Edited: January 2, 2019, 12:19 PM

ButterBeer - The taste can't be adequately described..

Also love the Chocolate Chilli Ice Cream at - Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour.

Mickey Ice Cream bars....

I also Crave info at TPI.. Hahahahaahahaa.

January 28, 2019, 11:01 AM

Fish and Chips plus Scotch Egg at Finnegans at Universal.
BBQ at both Busch Gardens
Food Festivals at both Busch Gardens and Sea World.

February 1, 2019, 1:45 PM

ButterBeer is the #1 thing I crave and can't wait to buy! If only they sold it in City Walk!!

February 4, 2019, 1:25 PM

I crave pizza that doesn't feel like the crust is made out of cardboard.

I crave hamburgers that feel like more care was put into them than the standard Mc or King fare.

I crave food that doesn't require me to mortgage the house in order to afford it.

I crave service that gets me out of the restaurant quickly and back to waiting to ride the rides.

February 4, 2019, 2:19 PM

Black bean burgers, which I've been able to find only at Six Flags Great Adventure. Pizza from Serengeti Overlook at BGT. I'm very fussy about pizza and the pizza sold at most parks turns me off completely but the pizza at BGT is excellent. Also, a food concession not far from The Beast at Kings Island has about the best French fries I've ever tasted.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive