Dubai Parks & Resort

January 4, 2019, 6:44 AM

Hi: I am looking for review/suggestion on Dubai Parks. Which of below should be choosen for 2 dedicated days. We are adults & 4 yrs old child.

- Motion Gate
- Bollywood Park
- Legoland
-Legoland water
- IMG
- Ferrari
- Warner & Bro m, Abu dhabi

Will appreciate if someone can help mento get out of this confusion

Regards,
Nauman

Replies (2)

Edited: January 4, 2019, 11:16 AM

Hi Nauman,

Welcome to Theme Park Insider!

First, those parks are actually spread across three resorts.

Dubai Parks & Resorts includes Motiongate Dubai, Bollywood Parks Dubai, Legoland Dubai, and the Legoland Dubai Water Park. Dubai Parks & Resorts is located about halfway between the Dubai and Abu Dhabi airports.

IMG Worlds of Adventure is separate development that is located a little bit closer to the heart of Dubai than the Dubai Parks & Resorts.

Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi and Ferrari World Abu Dhabi are part of the Yas Island complex in Abu Dhabi. That's located just a couple of miles from the Abu Dhabi airport.

(And for anyone else reading this who is not familiar with the Middle East, Dubai and Abu Dhabi are the two largest emirates - kind of like states/provinces - in the United Arab Emirates, aka the UAE.)

Second, for a family with a four-year-old, my first choice would be Legoland. A four-year-old is perhaps a year or two young to fully appreciate the Legoland experience, but that's by far the best of those parks for someone that age. My second choice for a child that age would be Motiongate, which has some nice child-focused attractions in its Smurfs and Dreamworks lands.

Warner Bros. and Ferrari World are great parks, but definitely aimed at older kids and adults. Bollywood's a lovely park, too, but also aimed at an older crowd. I haven't visited IMG Worlds yet, but its focus on Marvel and Cartoon Network skews it toward a teen and "tween" audience, as well.

Focusing on Legoland and Motiongate also allows you to contain the visit to the Dubai Parks & Resorts complex, which includes the on-site Lapita Hotel. You can fly into either Dubai or Abu Dhabi - whichever gets a better deal on a flight for you - and take a taxi or rideshare to the resort. Eventually, there's supposed to be a train from the Dubai airport to the Dubai Parks & Resorts development, but that's likely years away from completion.

Hope this helps!

January 4, 2019, 12:26 PM

Robert

Thanks for the detailed reply. Definitely it helped me to decide. As i have adults aged 16-25 yrs in group so i decided to visit Motiongate, legoland, IMG & Warner Bros.

Regards,
Nauman

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive