New Disney app 5.0

Edited: March 30, 2019, 11:38 AM

If you thought the Disney app was a piece of garbage before ... you may not want to open the new 5.0 app !!

The so called ‘dynamic’ app is even worse. I hope Disney issues 5.0.1 very soon, because it’s a nightmare. Try and modify, then change, the app locks up and you have to go out and back in. It does seem to keep the change though ?? Try and modify, pick a time, and it sends you to a screen that says no FP+’s are available, and you get a nice blue box telling you to “pick a new experience”. At this screen you are stuck. Go back or click it, and you’re back on modify again. Run thru the times again and sometimes that same time slot pops up, you click it and can now change ... but then it locks up and out you have to go again !!

Although as I found to my cost, that time lost is very apparent when searching top tier. I had a SSD for 3:45, but trying to change I had the not available screen. Going back to modify, it was gone ... :( Frustrating and annoying to put it mildly !!

It is very ‘slick’ looking now, with a play option, supposedly to ‘turn wait time into play time’. A new window also allows you to switch quickly between parks. So they are trying to improve, but a definite step backwards at the moment.

Replies (3)

March 30, 2019, 2:19 PM

Life Pro Tip: Avoid version x.0 of any app or OS. Always wait for the x.0.1 or later. Beta tests never catch all the bugs to be found in the wild.

March 30, 2019, 4:32 PM

Ha .... very true Robert ... :)
Trouble is Disney sneaked in the update while I was sleeping .... LOL

March 30, 2019, 5:18 PM

>>>Life Pro Tip: Avoid version x.0 of any app or OS. Always wait for the x.0.1 or later. Beta tests never catch all the bugs to be found in the wild.

My wife is a "Localisation Tester" (which focuses on language, but they also spot other bugs). I can assure you that it's not always that its "missed", its that the urge to ship is stronger.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive