Cars Land in Hollywood Studios

April 3, 2019, 10:07 AM

I heard a rumor that Cars Land is going to be built on the right side of Toy Story Land. It will consist of Luigi’s, a Rock n Rollercoaster retheme and the new Lightning Mcqueen Academy.

Replies (3)

Edited: April 3, 2019, 10:22 AM

And I heard a rumor that the Star Wars Hotel will include a round trip into space courtesy of Virgin Galactic.

BFD...Rumors are just that, and without proper sourcing are nothing more than fan fiction. Would you care to provide a source for your info, or at least identify what gives you the credibility to spread unsubstantiated rumors?

I guess we can expect your alter egos boscfan, disnut4ever, and disforever to chime in an attempt to bring legitimacy to your fodder.

Edited: April 3, 2019, 11:14 AM

The story I have been told is that DCA's Cars Land was originally slated for the space that became Toy Story Land and part of Galaxy's Edge, but when the Star Wars land plans expanded, there wasn't room for Cars Land, too. So Disney downsized to the current Toy Story Land in that space.

A RnRC retheme to anchor a new land is... interesting, given that the Paris RnRC is getting an Avengers retheme that would be off-limits to WDW given the Universal contract. But this sounds like nothing more than a spitballed concept to me.

April 4, 2019, 5:06 PM

I wouldn’t see any big unannounced projects at the Studios outside of re themed shows and experiences (Indy, Launch Bay , Fantasmic). With that part of WDW being the center of the 50th, they shouldn’t start any construction projects until after 2022.

But really they should take another swing at turning Animal Kingdom into a full day park or adding more capacity to Magic Kingdom after the 50th.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive