Hersheypark rated best in North America :D

April 11, 2019, 9:44 AM

I know Hershey isn't a favorite among TPI patrons but I heard this on my local news broadcast which made me giggle.

HERSHEY, Pa. —
The results are in - Hersheypark is the favorite amusement park in North America!

The central Pennsylvania amusement park is the winner of the 2019 Coaster101.com Park Mania poll. Hersheypark beat Ohio's Cedar Point in the finals.

The contest started with 68 amusement parks. Hersheypark beat Dorney Park, Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens to get to the finals. More than 65,000 votes were cast in the online poll, according to Coaster101.com.

Hersheypark has a dozen roller coasters. The highest, fastest and longest coaster is Skyrush, which was introduced in 2012. And in 2020, the park will open a new 23-acre addition - Chocolatetown. Chocolatetown will also feature a new roller coaster.

Replies (5)

April 11, 2019, 10:55 AM

Coaster101.com - Who??? I don't think I've ever seen those guys at any of the media events I've covered.

Edited: April 11, 2019, 11:32 AM

I never heard of them either but it made our local news. It took the power of an obscure website for Hershey to win the top honor! lol

Oh! Hershey is my home park and I love it dearly and always have...but there's NO way it beat out Cedar Point.

April 11, 2019, 11:21 AM

FWIW, in Disney code, that would mean "Coaster Not Operating."

April 11, 2019, 5:22 PM

That poll seems to heavily favor coaster parks, but even still there's no way Hersheypark beating Cedar Point is a popular opinion. Hersheypark is a great park, and is absolutely in the top tier of North American thrill parks...but I'd take at least two of the parks it beat over it.

April 30, 2019, 4:40 AM

Its not surprising though.
Last summer vacations i bought Hersheypark's park ticket from Florida Ticket Station Coupons, and It was full of thrilling and amusements, i really enjoy there.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive