Jurassic Coaster

June 25, 2019, 3:40 PM

Does anyone have any updates on the roller coaster coming to IOA in the Jurassic Park island? We are going next Summer and I'm trying to see if it will be ready. Also, if you know any links with steady construction updates please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Replies (4)

June 25, 2019, 4:39 PM

I think spring/summer 2021 is more likely.

June 25, 2019, 6:47 PM

Midway posted a video earlier of the track on site, so things are moving along.

Similar style track to I305 so who knows what’s going up. Late 2020/early 2021 are the rumours on the pass holder blogs, but no one knows for sure.

Edited: June 26, 2019, 8:33 AM

Seeing as it took Universal a full 2 years to build Hagrid's (Dragon Challenge wasn't completely removed until summer 2017), I doubt we'll see this new coaster open until early 2021 at the earliest. I do think Universal will want to time the debut of this around Disney's big openings so they don't get lost in the shuffle. WDW has a lot going on over the next 2+ years with Ratatouille, Guardians of the Galaxy, Tron, and the WDW50 celebration definitely debuting over that time (with the possible addition of a re-envisioned EPCOT entrance and Play Pavilion in 2021 or 2022), so Universal will need to identify a slot where they can gain some traction. I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney set some more clear opening dates for their WDW projects at D23 in August, which will provide some clues as to when Universal might want to target for this new coaster. However, expecting this to be done for a summer 2020 opening is definitely a stretch and highly unlikely at this point. It's far more reasonable to expect the T2 replacement (rumored to be Jason Bourne-themed) to be the new attraction opening at USF for next summer.

June 26, 2019, 5:49 PM

Thank you all for the information. Looks like it'll give us a reason to go back the next year too. I am really hoping the fantastic world park is going to have more Jurassic park/world too. I know Harry potter has been the ultimate GrandSlam for so many years but I still love the dinosaurs. When the first Jurassic world movie came out I just thought, there it is. That's an awesome park. Again, thanks for the info. I don't post awful much but I do check the site daily and enjoy all of the inside information everyone has.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive