TPI Advice needed

August 4, 2014, 7:44 AM

Hi all.
I am in need of some TPI SoCal advice please.
I'll be making my first trip to Cali from the UK in 4 weeks time and I am planning on booking the 'Walk in Walt's Footsteps' Tour in Disneyland.
I am really undecided as to whether I should book it for my first day at the park or to make it the 2nd day.
As someone who knows they are going to cry as soon as I get through the gates, should I spend the 1st day just exploring and trying to do it all? I've been going to WDW for 25 years so its not totally alien, but I have been waiting 20 years to see the original.
(We are getting the SoCal City Pass so will have 3 days for the parks so we do have options)
Any advice will be welcome.
Thanks!

Replies (3)

August 4, 2014, 6:46 PM

I would recommend booking it for your 2nd day. Since it is your first time to Disneyland, for your first time you should enjoy it in its pure form, and just do what you want to do. While it is similar to Magic Kingdom, the feel of the park is totally different, and there are a lot of different rides to experience.

Two days should be plenty for Disneyland park, and you should be able to get everything done at California Adventure on your third day (make sure to get a fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers).

Hope you have an awesome trip! The parks are magical, and are individually more ride dense then the World parks.

August 4, 2014, 10:54 PM

You can't go wrong. I could see doing the tour on the first day to get an overview of the park and some guidance for the rest of your trip... or I could see just exploring on your own for a day so that you'd have some context to better understand the tour on day two. I keep talking myself from one to the other and back again.

August 5, 2014, 12:59 AM

Thanks so much Jack! The plan was 2 days in DL and one CA. It will be like old times running to get a paper fastpass for the Racers! :-) (Planning to get a World of Color one too)

Robert, I keep doing the same thing! I feel like its a very special thing for me to do, but I also kind of don't want to be on a time constraint on the first day. But we also get the morning magic hour for one day with this pass so can we utilise that and still do the tour first day.... Argh! :-)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive