What is the longest amount of time you have spent between visits to a theme park?

August 5, 2014, 8:52 AM

I know how hard it is to imagine going to Orlando and not visiting both Universal and Disney, but that has been the case for my family these last seven years. It took me a long time to get my husband to go a theme park. Since we only went to Walt Disney World that first trip (I didn't want to overwhelm him), he fell in love with it and never looked back. This was good, but it has made it to where I can't get him to try Universal Studios. It has been...are you ready for this...16 years since I was vacationing at Universal Studios Orlando. 16 years and three months if we want to get technical. I was 18 years old and super excited about their new upcoming area, Islands of Adventure. College, life, and such kept me from exploring said islands. So, as I am trying to work in a visit this November, I wonder how long it has been since you visited a popular theme park. Am I the only one who has to hide her face in shame?

Replies (7)

August 5, 2014, 9:15 AM

Well if this fool you married only wants to visit Disney, Maybe it's time you got a divorce.... Hahahaha

Universal has so much to offer any age... Maybe he is scared of Bigger rides and attractions....

I bet he never visits this web site either....

Once he visits Universal, it will be hard to get him back to Disney....

August 5, 2014, 10:45 AM

It has been 17 years since I went to universal Florida. Hopefully I will go back soon and that will end up being the biggest gap.

August 5, 2014, 12:43 PM

I can't remember, but I think it was 6 years between Disney World visits. Once in 2000, back in 2006.

August 5, 2014, 1:57 PM

I don't want the worst time span so I did the math 16 years 4 months (Christmas 1993 until Easter 2010), love them as I do having small children really interfered with long distance travel. I try to get someplace, other then camping, every few years as time and finances allow.

August 5, 2014, 4:56 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one with huge gaps of time between visits. If we do not go this year, then I will be at 17 years or more before our next planned Florida vacation.

Bryan, the one thing in my husband's favor is his loyalty ;)
I think if I do ever get him there, then he will really enjoy himself. I will just have to get him there to find out. Either that or plan a solo trip for myself.

August 6, 2014, 9:12 AM

Interesting Amanda that you posed this question. I mentioned this in a comment to one of Mr. Niles story on the main page. I may hold the record right now of those responding (so far). It has been 20 years since my last visit to any Disney park in FL. 20 years since my last visit to Universal Studios FL, and 11 years since my last visit to IOA. Fortunately that streak will come to an end this October when my wife and I will make a return trip back to the Sunshine State and Orlando/Lake Buena Vista to visit the above parks. Everytime I had gone to Orlando in the past, we visited the park until last August when we went to visit my wife's brother and his family that I visited Orlando and did not get go to the parks (time constraints). However, this upcoming Oct trip is nothing but fun, relaxing, and park visits.

August 6, 2014, 3:41 PM

Just a reminder that you don't have to make yourself wait between visits to ThemeParkInsider! We're always open, you always go to the front of the queue, and the admission is free. :^)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive