Tokyo DisneySea Recommended Rides To Skip?

October 24, 2019, 7:07 PM

I am planning to visit Tokyo DisneySea this winter and would like to hear your suggestions on what rides I should skip and which are must-do’s (I’ve been to all six American parks). I know that Journey, ToT, Sinbad, and 20k are my top four priorities, but would like to hear what other rides would also be on that tier.

Replies (5)

October 25, 2019, 11:24 AM

Skip Toy Story Mania. It always has a really long wait, low capacity, and its the same thing as all the other ones. Also Raging Spirits is the same ride as Indiana Jones at Disneyland Paris, I hate the one in Paris but for some reason the Japanese one didn't seem as bad. It definitely isn't a good ride by any means but it seemed a lot smoother and slightly better themed. Soarin' is the same as the other parks (albeit with the ending scene in Tokyo) but the queue is a different.

October 25, 2019, 4:09 PM

If your time is limited first thing to drop is Toy Story. Indian Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull is also basically the same as the ride at Disneyland, but the queue is much better. Tower of Terror is almost in the same catagory, but walking through the lobby and the pre-shows are pretty amazing. The ride is MUCH less dynamic so expect a less than terrifying ride. The Indy coaster is alright, but only if you have more time to burn. Much like Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters, Aquatopia is almost more fun to watch than to ride. We only had one day in the park and it wasn't very busy. We did most of the things we wanted to do, but we didn't see any of the shows, and I wish there had been time because they all seem to be either really over the top, or super wonderfully weird in that Japanese way.

October 25, 2019, 5:54 PM

Definitely skip Toy Story, as it's not worth the wait for a clone of a ride you can get on much faster in the US parks. Then also skip the carnival rides: the carousel and flying carpets in Arabian Coast and the kiddie rides inside Mermaid Lagoon (but go inside to take a look on your way to King Triton's Concert).

You can get our readers' priority list at https://www.themeparkinsider.com/reviews/tokyo_disneysea/.

October 25, 2019, 7:33 PM

Thanks! I’ve never been on ToT (I know I’m crazy) but will likely skip Toy Story.

Edited: October 26, 2019, 2:55 AM

I'd agree with all the above. Skipping Toy Story in particular will give you a real head start - a lot of people head straight there, so if you can use that time to grab a Soarin' FP and ride Journey (or whatever you decide to do first) you'll save a lot of time.

Honestly, don't beat yourself up if you dont manage Nemo. It's original, yes, and kinda cute, but I found it pretty underwhelming on the whole. It's not Disney's best effort. Ditto Raging Spirits.

The most important thing I'd say is to make sure you allow time for simply wandering about and taking it all in. If you spend your whole day rushing from ride to ride and standing in queues, you'll miss out on what makes DisneySea so spectacular.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive