Hagrid Wait Times: Still Long?

February 22, 2020, 12:10 PM

Hey Friends! This upcoming May, I'll be taking a side trip to Universal Orlando and was just curious as to whether or not wait times for Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure are still beyond the 1 1/2 or 2 hour mark. We'll be attending in the first weekend of may, so maybe this might have an effect? Thanks in advance!

Replies (5)

February 22, 2020, 4:41 PM

Friend was there two weeks ago and waited three hours.

February 22, 2020, 5:15 PM

The best thing to do is to buy the front of the line pass. It’s more expensive, but worth the price. You’ll skip the lines. Or, stay at one of the Universal hotels, show your room key, and you’ll skip the lines as well.

Edited: February 22, 2020, 5:18 PM

I'd recommend that anyone wanting to track Hagrid's get the official Universal Orlando app, which shows the current wait times and status for Hagrid's as well as other UOR attractions.

When I check, I've been seeing 120 minute waits pretty consistently, which matches what I saw last time I was in the park, too. I'd expect one-to-two-hour waits to continue through the spring.

Edit: Universal Express does not apply on Hagrid's. Everyone needs to wait, though there's a single ride split when you enter the interior portion of the queue.

February 23, 2020, 1:23 AM

Sometimes the posted wait time is longer than the actual wait time. Heard people getting into a 100 min wait and only waiting closer to an hour. Best thing to do is to always arrive before park opening and head there first thing. Universal employees will notify park goers at the turnstiles if Hagrids will open with the park so you'll know whether to head there first or do something else.

February 24, 2020, 9:28 AM

Went on a week day in January arrived before opening. Everyone and I mean everyone went for Hargid. As we arrived at the ride they had signs saying 60 minute wait; however we were on and off in 15 minutes. Ride went up to two hours after that, we got a 2nd ride around noon. The app listed the wait as 70 minutes and it only took 40 minutes.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive