What did you get in the Universal survey?

May 7, 2020, 5:38 PM

Universal Parks and Resorts is emailing another survey to its passholders and former customers, asking about the parks' potential repsonses to the novel coronavirus.

The surveys that Universal is sending are not all the same, so I thought it'd be interesting for TPI readers to check in here and report what as on their survey. Note that Universal is not asking respondents to keep the survey confidential, as they typically did with customer surveys before the virus.

I got a lot of questions about how much I was getting news about the virus and which sources I was turning to for information. They I got a hypothetical about the park being open at 25 percent capacity with all attractions operating and tickets at 25 percent off.

Others have reported hypotheticals with higher than usual prices, different capacity levels, and/or VIP/backstage features throw in.

What did you get in your survey, and what would you like to see Universal do to earn your business once its parks get the legal okay to reopen?

Replies (4)

May 7, 2020, 8:19 PM

I got a few questions about news sources, but most of mine were hypotheticals about the state of the virus in the country, the state of treatment options, the resort’s possible responses and under which scenarios I’d be willing to visit.

I trust the parks to do the right thing and I will be there as soon as I possibly can to support them. I work in an industry that, while not directly tied to tourism, still works hand-in-hand with hotels, event venues, etc and I want to do all I can to support them getting back on their fleet.

May 8, 2020, 11:18 AM

I was asked about news sources, what I would expect and be comfortable with in terms of protection and precautions, as well as my thoughts on a more expensive, reduced capacity day at Islands of Adventure in a VIP format. FWIW, I’m all about them taking measures to protect all guests and team members if it means they can reopen. Those of us that are okay with temperature checks and masks can go, those that are not will wait.

May 27, 2020, 1:37 PM

Add me to the list - May 27th, mine was similar to Andrew's....

Asked about Ticket packages, When is the next planned trip, Did you have to cancel a trip to USO or Disney for the Virus...

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive