Good News/Happy Stories?

June 13, 2020, 12:30 PM

I don't know about y'all, but I have been bordering on depression for the past few weeks and I just figured it would be nice to have at least one thread on this site where people could share some good news or happy stories from their lives. Somewhere we can all come just to remind ourselves that there are still good things going on in the world even with all of the tension, anxiety, and tragedy.

So, please, no dividing comments or negativity on here (not saying there is not a place for such confrontation, just please not on this thread). Instead, share something positive you have experienced, seen, or heard recently! Things aren't ALL bad right now, right?

Replies (7)

June 13, 2020, 12:32 PM

I'll go first! In part spurred by Robert's "Social Distancing Kitchen" he was doing a while back, I have learned how to cook! My family and I have been cooking together 3 times a week or so and it has been a wonderful time of bonding and creativity. We have an "international day" once a week where we make cuisine from other countries. It has been a lot of fun and a great bonding time for our family that, weirdly, would never have happened without the quarantine!

June 13, 2020, 7:57 PM

KFC opened for take away this week. Woo.

June 14, 2020, 6:08 PM

Jack, I am so happy that the kitchen series inspired you!

June 18, 2020, 9:13 AM

BREAKING: Disney CEO Bob Chapek has announced that, due to the hazards related to COVID-19, the dwarf known as Sneezy will no longer be making appearances at the Disney theme parks. Snow White was unavailable to comment.

Edited: June 18, 2020, 10:20 AM

The esteemed Robert Niles made the Washington Post yesterday...

Single riders used to cut the line at theme parks. But the travel hack can’t survive social distancing.

June 18, 2020, 11:06 AM

"Esteemed"? I would have gone with "dapper".

June 21, 2020, 12:23 PM

My family and I enjoyed a great day at Volcano Bay yesterday. Most slides were ride now and we got on all of them. We hadn't been since they first opened three years ago and can't wait to go again.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive