Voting for Best Theme Park Hotels

November 23, 2020, 4:47 PM

Following our Voting for the Best Theme Park Restaurants, today I would like to open the voting for Best Theme Park Hotel.

This is actually two categories — one for best hotel overall and another for best value. So please give us two lists: one for best overall hotel, starting with your top pick, and the second for best values, again starting with your top pick.

You can list up to 10 hotels in each category. And remember, this is just for register readers who did not vote already via the newsletter links.

Thanks!

Replies (12)

November 23, 2020, 7:29 PM

The best them park hotel is Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel. I’ve stayed there many times. It has excellent restaurants. The pool area is great. The rooms are very comfortable, and clean. The lobby is very beautiful. The access to the parks is great. Especially the separate entrance for hotel guests, to enter California Adventure park.

November 23, 2020, 7:33 PM

Animal Kingdom Lodge is a top-notch themed experience.

November 23, 2020, 7:42 PM

@Welcome2RadiatorSprings, I agree 100%. Animal Kingdom Lodge is a great hotel too. I like when you’re in the pool, and in the distance, you can see the giraffes walk by. It’s definitely pretty cool.

November 23, 2020, 7:44 PM

The Hard Rock Hotel, at Universal Studios Orlando, is another great hotel experience. I’d also say the Disneyland Hotel, and the Grand Floridian.

November 24, 2020, 9:14 PM

Cabana Bay Beach Resort! We love the affordable family suites and the bowling.

November 24, 2020, 10:43 PM

Contemporary
Dolphin
Yacht Club
Grand Floridian
Ports Orleans Riverside
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Hard Rock Hotel
Disneyland Hotel
Wilderness Lodge
Carribbean Beach

November 25, 2020, 12:39 AM

My favorite theme park hotel is Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel. Impressive lobby, excellent food, nice rooms, and the location can't be beat.

November 25, 2020, 6:32 AM

I usually only stay at the regular hotels on my travels, so my one and only choice would have to Breakers at CP, especially since it was refurbished

November 25, 2020, 10:44 AM

I'm only voting for best overall. I'll abstain from voting for best value because it has been so long since I've stayed at some of these and the prices increase so often that it's hard to say what the value is now.

1. Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
2. Cabana Bay Beach Resort
3. Loews Royal Pacific Resort
4. Hard Rock Hotel (Universal Studios Orlando)
5. DreamMore Resort (Dollywood)
6. Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
7. Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
8. Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
9. Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
10. Walt Disney World Swan

November 25, 2020, 5:45 PM

Best Hotel: MiraCosta.

Best Value: Hotel PortAventura. (Seriously, Hotel PA is *by far* the best value deal in the industry right now.)

Europa Park's should probably sit in the list too, but it's been so long since I stayed there that I wouldn't want to put my name to a particular one.

November 25, 2020, 11:15 PM

Best: Animal Kingdom Lodge/Kidani Village
Honorable Mention: Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando

Value: Buena Vista Palace (Disney Springs Area)

December 1, 2020, 4:46 PM

I'm just gonna keep this to "Best Overall", since I never book the deluxe hotels, and usually best value plays a big part in where I stay. I also haven't stayed at nearly enough on-site resorts to make a complete 10, usually just opting for one of the chains.

1. Royal Pacific Hotel-Universal Orlando (can't beat Unlimited Express and love the Polynesian theme)
2. Caribbean Beach Resort-Walt Disney World
3. All Star Sports-Walt Disney World
4. Mt. Olympus Lodging-Mt. Olympus Resort

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive