Edited: December 3, 2020, 7:38 PM

Any interest in a Secret Santa program?

This isn't the year for anyone to take on an extra expense, so I am thinking about a "Secret Santa" gift exchange among interested Theme Park Insider readers where you would send a nice piece of theme park memorabilia that you have already — but are willing to part with — to another Theme Park Insider reader who would be happy to have it as a holiday gift. Then you would get something nice from another reader.

If you want to participate, email your mailing address to me at themeparkinsider@gmail.com. And please tell me what kind of memorabilia you have to give, and what you might like to get (e.g. Disney, Universal, roller coasters, animation, dark rides, etc.)

By participating, you agree to send something appropriate to the person whose address I send you. So, by extension, you agree to allow me to send your address to the person who will be sending you a gift. I will try to match people by interest and by geography, as much as I can, to limit postage costs.

We would need to get everything in the mail by two weeks before Christmas, so if you want to participate, I would need your email by Dec. 10.

Replies (12)

December 2, 2020, 6:40 PM

Fun idea, but I have no memorabilia... argh. Maybe there can be a Theme Park Insider Award category for coolest gift given so is no-memo folk can still see what others received?

December 3, 2020, 2:14 PM

I suggested that people share something nice that they already have, but if people want to participate the traditional way and buy something, that's cool, too.

Based on initial response, you REALLY want to sign up for this. There are some people with very nice stuff participating!

December 3, 2020, 2:33 PM

This would have been so perfect for a white elephant/Yankee Swap if we could all get together in one place. If only there was a way to do something like that virtually.

December 3, 2020, 3:51 PM

I am so in!

December 3, 2020, 7:36 PM

And guys (believe me) I have some CRAZY cool artifacts.

December 4, 2020, 3:30 AM

RM: "If we could all get together in one place ..."

Me: Some how and someday, that's gotta happen.

December 4, 2020, 11:00 AM

I would love to participate! But I really don't own anything that would qualify as "memorabilia" and I don't think I have the budget this year to buy something nice enough to qualify. It is a lovely idea though, Robert! I hope everyone has a great time with it.

December 4, 2020, 11:48 AM

If we can coordinate it somehow, I will cover Jack H's contribution so he can receive something cool.

December 4, 2020, 2:51 PM

Email me your address, Jack.

December 4, 2020, 3:11 PM

Wow!! Thank you so so much, TH! That is incredibly kind of you. If we ever do have a TPI meet up I'll owe you dinner or something!

December 4, 2020, 5:00 PM

NAH! If you check your bill Thcreative is part of your basic cable package. Whether you like it or not.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive