Disneyland Avengers Campus

January 9, 2021, 1:05 PM

Disneyland announced the other day that Avengers Campus will open in 2021. https://www.ocregister.com/2021/01/04/disney-confirms-2021-opening-date-for-marvels-avengers-campus

Does anyone know which month Avengers Campus will open? I know Disneyland is still closed. Has anyone heard anything about when Disneyland may reopen? I know California is the epicenter right now for the Coronavirus. So I’m guessing it will still be a while longer until they reopen.

Replies (3)

Edited: January 9, 2021, 1:36 PM

No one knows. Before the parks closed, Disney had announced that Avengers Campus would open last summer, so it was widely assumed that the Marvel land now would open at some point not too soon after the park did, given the construction updates we've gotten from Disney.

No one knows when theme parks will be allowed to reopen in California, nor the conditions under which they will be allowed to operate. Without that information, Disney cannot decide an opening date for the land.

January 9, 2021, 6:56 PM

Has anyone heard anything about when Disneyland may reopen?

They want to reopen this spring, but that depends on COVID and California. Disney isn't even planning to begin restaffing the resort until they get confirmation that they will be allowed to open as of date x and a guarantee that they will not be required to close again for the foreseeable future. From that point, it will take four to six weeks until they're ready for guests. Now, supposedly California's parks do plan to fight if other tourist attractions like museums and family entertainment centers are allowed to open yet they are forced to remain closed, but given how bad the situation is right now I don't expect that to happen anytime soon. The optimist in me is saying April for California theme parks to reopen. The realist is saying June, and I hope it's not pushed beyond that, because I've heard of at least two parks that have started investigating liquidation options if reopening this summer doesn't look feasible.

Does anyone know which month Avengers Campus will open?

It will be ready to open this spring, but even Disney doesn't have an opening timeframe and won't be determining one until they know the parks are even allowed to open. Once that is satisfied, it will open when the park is able to operate at a capacity that is not being maxed out without the land and they are able to welcome any visitors who wish to travel for the land. Realistically, I don't know that those conditions will be satisfied before the fall, and I absolutely would not make any plans to travel to the Disneyland Resort in 2021 until the land is actually open if that is one of the main reasons for your visit.

January 9, 2021, 9:19 PM

Thank you both!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive