10 CC’s of Moderna Vaccine

Edited: March 30, 2021, 11:46 AM

Well, it happened, I was able to get the First dose of Moderna…

We signed up for a waiting list and on Saturday morning got a call to get the vaccine Saturday afternoon… And we gladly accepted.

As you are probably aware, those vaccines have a shelf life, so if there are no shows for the prior day, they call from the waiting\interest list in my state.

Had no side effects other than a sore arm for 1 day.

Anyone else?

Replies (13)

March 30, 2021, 11:54 AM

Got my first "Dolly vaccine" (i.e. Moderna) yesterday. I'd done allergy shots for years, so this was nothing for me. No side effects. Everyone keeps telling me that the second does of Moderna is the one that knocks you on your rear-end, though.

It's great to hear that so many people around the US are or will be eligible for the vaccine within the next few weeks. Get jabbed, and let's (eventually) get traveling again!

March 30, 2021, 12:06 PM

Nice Robert!!

I just peeked at some flights to Orlando on SW airlines where I have $950 in flights credits due to canceling a vacation from last year.

Maybe in October we will see the New Velocicoaster....

March 30, 2021, 12:38 PM

I'm with yah, Brian! I got my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine on Saturday! A sore arm for a couple of days but nothing else.

However, I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't turned into a zombie yet like my brother and all of his conspiracy theory nut-job friends have predicted. On the positive side of things I have noticed that my cell phone signal strength has vastly improved. (Wonder if it is the tracking devices in the vaccine or the mind control devices?)

March 30, 2021, 12:54 PM

I hear that Disney World is following up MagicMobile with a new option that allows your Covid vaccine tracking chip to be used to get into the park just like a MagicBand!

March 31, 2021, 9:24 AM

Covid-19 tracking chip and MagicMobile...facial recognition technology...Bill Gates...Dr. Fauci...Bob Iger...China...

This conspiracy theory stuff is starting to make sense.

March 31, 2021, 10:39 AM

Moderna #1 gave me an arm I couldn't lift above my chest for 2 days. Moderna #2....well now....I was warned and rightfully so! I got it on a Wednesday at 6:15 pm. By 10 pm, the sore arm was back but not nearly as bad as shot #1.

Thursday morning it was 75 degrees outside and I was shivering uncontrollably under 3 comforters. This lasted several hours and I slept most of the day. Thursday night I had a fever and was sweating. So I took a shower and while in there I got very nauseous and lightheaded. This lasted into Friday. By Friday night, it was like a light switch flipped and it was gone! Everything! I had full a range of motion in my arm and felt like I could take on the world!

So #1....meh, that wasn't so bad!
#2.....WTH was that!?

It's like a flat ride you watch hesitantly wondering if you'll get sick on it. All your friends got sick but you think you're better than them. You get off and throw up all over yourself. You get humbled and write about it on Facebook and everyone has a good laugh. Just do it! It's a little disruption to your schedule but you can now ride that spinner with confidence. It's a hell of a toboggan ride!

March 31, 2021, 10:49 AM

I got my first dose of Pfizer a few weeks ago with no side effects. I got my second dose of the Shingles vaccine prior to that, and both of those knocked me off the grid, especially the second one.

May 25, 2021, 10:37 AM

Hadn't had my first dose yet, will be using the Pfizer in the next week at rockingham handyman. I hope everything goes well, heard there are no side effect and all! Just mild fatigue the next day.

Edited: May 25, 2021, 3:48 PM

January and February I had mine. One of the lucky first 65+ residents to get it at the convention center. Sore arm both times, and that was about it.

Still wear my mask in crowded areas at the parks. The pathway near Hagrid's is a real shoulder to shoulder these days, so that's one of the spots I'll always wear it.

I've gotten in trouble a few times though, as it's easy to be wandering around maskless, and then enter a store ... still maskless ... LOL. All good friendly banter though.
Although I have been reminded by the stare down as I wander the stores without my mask. Oops ... sorry, and on it goes :)

Mid 90's today, so it was nice not to wear my mask at USF & IOA.

May 25, 2021, 7:46 PM

THC: I got Moderna #1

I Respond: I got Moderna #2

May 26, 2021, 12:09 PM

Mine wasn't bad, a bit tired the day after second but not the after-effects of others.

Living in Illinois so still mask mandates indoors and still not minding them too much outside but glad to get it out of the way.

May 29, 2021, 12:44 PM

Got Moderna 1 almost a month ago and no major side effects aside from a sore arm. Going in for Moderna 2 on Tuesday!

May 29, 2021, 8:43 PM

I got Moderna 2 a few Fridays ago in morning. Just sore shot site that night. Saturday afternoon started feeling crappy and took 2 Tylenol and had long nap. Sunday felt much better, arm still sore but not bad. That was my worst.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive