Jungle Cruise Movie

Edited: July 26, 2021, 2:45 PM

This movie comes out this weekend and I am curious if it interests The TPI community. I want to see the movie and I believe the trailers look interesting.

The Rock has been getting better at acting. He was even decent in the Jumanji movies plus Emily Blunt always plays a good character.

Replies (11)

July 26, 2021, 3:42 PM

I am planning to post a review of the movie on the front page Friday morning, so please stay tuned for that!

July 26, 2021, 3:46 PM

Reviews so far have been positive. Cant wait to watch it this Friday on Disney+.

Edited: July 27, 2021, 8:22 AM

There should be no doubt that this film ... this life altering theatrical experience will rise up and be counted among history's greatest cinematic achievements. It will, assuredly, meet, nay, SURPASS the standards established by 'Citizen Kane', 'Modern Times', 'The Godfather' and 'The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift'.

Dwayne T.R. Johnson steps into the lead in a performance that will likely rival his immortal appearances in 'Tooth Fairy' or 'Reno 911: Miami'. Presenting his craft alongside of the lovely and talented Mrs. John Krasinski, a sweep of the Academy Awards sweep would seem to be inevitable.

Be there, this Friday, to witness the re-birth of the medium that commoners like Russell Meyer, Brian Emery, AJ Hummel and James Trexen refer to as "the movies".

Annnnnnnnnd scene.

Edited: July 27, 2021, 8:21 AM

Thanks TH - you know I am going.... if I were in Florida, I would be at the Disney Springs AMC theater...

And Tokyo Drift had a great actor, so what if he had a weird country twang and he looked 30 and was in HS... SO what....

Nothing will ever beat Road House anyway... Nothing...
(I am a dullard BTW).

PS- Paint me like one of your French girls.

July 27, 2021, 10:47 AM

While we are gabbing about flix the new trailer for 'Ghostbusters Afterlife' has dropped. It gave me chills.

Edited: July 27, 2021, 12:43 PM

But will this movie have rifles pointed at the hippos?

July 27, 2021, 1:41 PM

James - I heard the Hippos have the riffles this time..... hahahahahaah

July 27, 2021, 3:34 PM

Brian - I heard the whole movie takes place in DSTP.

July 28, 2021, 12:05 AM

It's playing at my theater just a couple blocks from my house so probably catch it there (great old-school movie house with massive 800-seat theater).

My main worry is that two and a half hour seems just a wee bit much.

July 28, 2021, 11:00 AM

I will be watching it on opening weekend. If the hype holds up, Disney may have another Pirates of the Caribbean movie franchise in the making.

July 29, 2021, 11:50 PM

Just posted my review on the front page.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive