What is the best theme park festival?

February 17, 2023, 10:26 PM

The Cedar Fair earnings story this week got me thinking about all the special event festivals that parks are programming now as they look to increase post-lockdown guest spending.

Of all the (mostly food) festivals at all the parks around the world that you've been to, which one is your favorite? And why?

Replies (2)

February 20, 2023, 8:40 AM

The EPCOT Food and Wine Festival is the gold standard and prototype for so many theme park festivals around the country. However, the part of the festival that I liked the most were the special presentations, demonstrations, and meals from celebrity chefs that haven't been resumed since the pandemic. I really thought those would return this past year, but that wasn't the case, and who knows if that will ever be part of the festival again. I do still love all the kiosks around the World Showcase that allow you to Eat and Drink Around the World without breaking the bank or you gut.

With the decline in the EPCOT F&W Festival, and a now teenager in the family, my favorite now would have to be HHN at UO. The transformation the park makes 5 nights a week is simply incredible.

February 25, 2023, 10:41 PM

I’ll go with the Busch Gardens Tampa Food and Wine Festival. Epcot’s festivals are nice and all, but the lack of a sampler card compared to other parks continues to be an annoyance for me.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive