Disney California Adventure could really use some TLC these days. I do think the San Fransokyo is actually a good concept. But the park really seems to be having an identity crisis so I have thoughts about integrating IP/ non-IP into the park:
1) A “Muppets” retheme of Monsters Inc- Muppets fit far better in Hollywoodland than Monsters Inc. And they have Muppet animatronics from the old Muppet Vision, parades, and the former Great moments in history show at Magic Kingdom. Sure there was MuppetVision to begin with, but a ride with Marc Davis style Muppet animatronics would be a delight! Complete with a Swedish Chef themed restaurant replacing the old Captain Marvel meet and greet.
2) A Country Bear retheme of the Grizzly River Run. Just like they did to Calico Rapids at Knotts Berry farm filled with animatronic bears. The ride could really use animatronics. Or perhaps, a Society of Explorers and Adventurers theme!
3) A Fantasia ride also in HollywoodLand, combining the current Philharmagic and former Millionaire buildings. Would be a trackless dark ride where you ride around Sorcerer Mickey’s Brooms, dance with Hippos, and encounter Chernabog.
4) A Mystic Manor style ride on Paradise Bay, replacing Goofy’s Sky School. Maybe even replacing Little Mermaid too. With a Society of Explorers and Adventurers theme. Night at the Museum perhaps?
5) A Coco themed Flight of Passage style dark ride where you fly on a Pepita. Maybe a future replacement for the Pixar Promenade area at Pixar Pier. Or possibly another replacement idea for Sky School/ Little Mermaid.
Let me know if you have any other/ different ideas for how to reimagine DCA!Tweet
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.