WDW FL Planned maintenance

February 22, 2023, 6:20 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie to this forum, only just signed up but am loving it so far!

I've got a WDW trip planned for August this year as part of our family's last 'big' holiday before our son goes off to University.

Is there a definitive list of (currently) planned maintenance for the FL Disney parks at all?

I'm saddened that Splash Mountain will no longer be there (HUGE favourite of mine as a kid). Wondering if any other scheduled maintenance/refurb will impact our trip?

Thanks very much all.

(BTW - we're also hitting Universal, Sea World & Busch Gardens, so if anyone has news of them too, would be very much appreciated).

Replies (3)

February 22, 2023, 7:42 AM

It's a little early to predict maintenance schedules, but there are strong indications that Rock 'n Rollercoaster will be going down for an extended refurbishment (and possible retheme) in the not too distant future. That work was initially supposed to start soon, but has reportedly been delayed (perhaps just until after spring break) and may end up slotting into the late summer period where crowds tend to be lighter, which is when you've planned your trip.

Other parks don't announce maintenance schedules this far in advance. You'll be lucky to have a month's notice of a planned closure, and there's always the possibility that something more dramatic happens that forces a sudden closure.

February 22, 2023, 2:20 PM

To add to what Russell said: Rock 'n Roller Coaster went down on Feb. 21 for maintenance. I have a trip planned for mid-March and have been keeping my eye on that. It is scheduled to open in "Summer," but that is, obviously, not definitive.

There's nothing else currently scheduled to go under the knife, but Touring Plans has a great list of planned closures that I usually use as my bible for this sort of thing. Just search for "Disney World Refurbishment Schedule Touring Plans" and you should be able to find it. Hope you have a great trip!

February 24, 2023, 4:30 PM

Just a general comment... I long ago gave up trying to find a time to visit that would be free of attractions down for refurb. For the year-round parks, those periods are going to be the high-attendance holiday periods. Any other time of year, something's going to be down.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive