What's on your 2023 summer must-visit list?

March 24, 2023, 4:05 PM

To help inspire everyone's summer vacation planning, I would love to hear what destinations are enticing you to visit this year.

At this point, I'm feeling slammed from all the openings that have happened already in 2023, but I would love to get back to some regional parks that I haven't seen in a while, including Dollywood and Busch Gardens Williamsburg. But a trip to Europe to see Europa Park or Port Aventura appeals, too. (Gotta spend some airline miles!)

What are you thinking for this year? Or, heck, beyond?

Replies (3)

March 25, 2023, 12:27 AM

Summer is going to be relatively quiet for me following a recent Orlando trip ... and an upcoming Orlando trip for Halloween Horror Nights. That's not to mention Tokyo Disneyland in October, which is probably my most anticipated trip of the year.

That said, I'll try to sneak in some regional stuff this summer if possible. I haven't been to Magic Mountain during the day for a couple years and with a new coaster opening at SeaWorld San Diego... I'll likely find myself there, too.

Edited: March 27, 2023, 9:51 AM

We're getting ready for a pretty busy theme park year that's starting later this week with a trip to England to experience Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, and Legoland Windsor for the first time ever. We're also planning a trip later this summer to Northern California (and Seattle), which will include visits to SFDK and Great America. We'll also take our usual trips to SFA, KD, BGW, and SFGAdv over the course of the year, and might trek up to Hersheypark for Wildcat's Revenge along with a potential run up to Cedar Point depending on how our summer schedule ultimately shakes out.

As far as other "must visit" places on our list, I just don't think there are any out there in the US, at least not until Epic Universe opens in 2025.

March 27, 2023, 4:04 PM

After going big last year with a two week deep south trip in August and a three week Europe trip in October (among other things), this year is going to be lighter for me. However, I've still got a few things in the plans:

-My first trip of 2023 actually already happened, as I did a road trip to Texas to hit the new Six Flags rides and stop by a few other places in the southwest (both parks and non-park locations).
-Trip 2 will be to go to my brother's graduation at North Carolina State in May. Not sure whether or not that will include a park, but if DarKoaster is open by then I might slip up to BGW for a day.
-Summer is still TBD, but I'll probably do a small trip to some out of the way location at some point. Perhaps I'll venture out to Iowa and Missouri to check out the new Lost Island Theme Park as well as Zambezi Zinger.
-My annual Florida trip will be in September, with this one likely being my last until Epic Universe opens. This one is going to be focused on WDW for Guardians and Tron, plus I'll stop by SWO for Pipeline and BGT for more Iron Gwazi. Not sure how much time I'll spend at UOR this time...my pass expires in August and after spending ten days there between 2020 and 2022, I'm disinclined to buy tickets. Flight price pending, I may also turn this one into a triangle trip to stop by Atlanta and grab a ride on ArieForce One.
-Last trip for the year will be a long weekend trip to Mexico City, most likely around Dia de los Muertos. This will be primarily a culture trip, but I'll definitely be stopping by Six Flags Mexico as it's the last Six Flags park I need to visit.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive