Where are the best bathrooms at Disney?

April 30, 2023, 9:23 PM

Looking for more group-think that I can add to our visitors' guide pages...

Where are your favorite bathrooms at each of the Disney theme parks? And which are ones to avoid?

At Disneyland, my go-to (sorry) are the bathrooms by the Fantasyland Theater, so long as there is no show going on. Spacious, well-attended and usually empty.

My least favorite are the bathrooms between Plaza Inn and Star Tours. Always-crowded, cramped and dingy.

At Disney California Adventure, I prefer the "Hollyhock House" bathrooms between Off the Page and Disney Junior. They're well-hidden by the facade, which leaves them generally empty and clean.

But the worst bathrooms at the entire Disneyland Resort are the ones next to Grizzly River Run, by the Little Mermaid. For some reason, these always smell terrible. Definite avoid.

What are your picks?

Replies (8)

May 1, 2023, 10:50 AM

In general, virtually all of the bathrooms at all Disney parks are at least acceptable. I can't think of any that are especially bad or good. The same cannot be said of many other parks, unfortunately. I was pleasantly surprised on a recent visit to Six Flags Magic Mountain, however. Not only were the bathrooms clean, well stocked, and in good working order, but they were, dare I say, stylish.

May 1, 2023, 12:28 PM

I'm a big fan of the Galaxy's Edge bathrooms near the blue milk stand. Despite being a crowded land, there's usually enough capacity to prevent a line. I've also long been a fan of the bathrooms near Alice in Wonderland, if for no other reason than the great theming.

California Adventure is tough, which is surprising given that it's a newer park. The bathrooms behind Toy Story Midway Mania are a no-go unless, well, you have no choice. They're crowded and filled with parents wrangling young kids, which means lines are more likely to form.

May 1, 2023, 1:41 PM

Usually which ever is the nearest ... LOL

May 2, 2023, 11:08 AM

Tangled bathrooms in Magic Kingdom!

Edited: May 3, 2023, 10:15 AM

I can't say that I've ever sought out or avoided certain bathrooms at Disney parks. However, I do fondly recall the first time I walked into the facilities next to Restaurantasaurus in DAK back when the park first opened, which was my first experience with Xlerator hand dryers. That brand has slowly given way to superior Dyson dryers (and even fancier fixtures that integrate dryers with faucets at the sink), but I was so impressed that you could actually DRY your hands in a few seconds without using paper towels, which aligned with DAK's sustainability message.

I do like the theming and fixtures of the Galaxy's Edge bathrooms (I prefer the ones in Black Spire Outpost over the Droid Depot facilities). I don't know why, but I always seem to find myself in the bathrooms in the breezeway between Frontierland and Adventureland when visiting MK, and I can't lie that I've gone out of my way at least a couple of times to use the Rapunzel bathrooms because they're the newest ones in MK.

Edited: May 3, 2023, 9:39 AM

I've been to all the Disney properties around the world and the best restrooms i've seen are at DAK Lodge. But then again that hotel costs like $500+ a night, so that doesn't come as much of a surprise lol.
(For the record there is no way in hell i'd ever pay that kind of $ for a hotel)

NGL like many other things, the restrooms at Disney World used to be awesome in the 70's-90's,but have gotten more generic for the sake of saving operations cost with the upkeep. While the renovations they do now could be considered acceptable, and every once in a while they got all out (for example the Tangled restrooms which i'm sure were on the New Fantasyland expansion project budget), the restrooms in the parks used to be legitimately nice...like country club nice Over the years they have become more generic to make them easier to clean and maintain, although I will say in the mid 2010's it seems like they started to care about at least theming them again.

The worst ones IMO are the ones in the front section of Epcot, including the entrance area, Imagination Pavillion, and next to Test Track. They are generic and boring (however the Imagination restrooms, while boring, are large and way out of the way so if you want peace and quiet that is a good spot). Also the one in between Star Traders and Auntie Gravities is too small and cramped for the area its in.

Edited: May 3, 2023, 3:38 PM

Who cares!! A toilet is a place servicing a function. However, if I have to pick, the one with easily accessible and plentiful of toilet paper. Most think we are midgets so we have to get on our knees to tear off the paper. Ridiculous!

June 14, 2023, 8:45 AM

American Adventure toilets near the gift shop.

Just because

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive